Author Topic: This is what my dream surf vehicle would... will be.  (Read 5969 times)

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: This is what my dream surf vehicle would... will be.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 02:00:55 PM »
for Gods sake fins forward, ALWAYS!

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »
Cool...  I thought that was Cookie's car.  It is a great shape.  There are a few of those mega-vans, Sprinter and Nissan around here, but as the size of UPS trucks, I cannot see them being too much fun to wrangle in congested areas. 

Peter Schreyer (former AUDI) who pens for KIA should do an amalgam of your Element and the Combi and slap both VW and Honda for sleeping at work.  They're called Halo cars. You would think in this 'influencer' era - the major brands would desire attention from proud loyalists.     

Jim
Here's my Element..
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 04:48:18 PM »
Cool...  I thought that was Cookie's car.  It is a great shape.
lol..that is my car, the red Honda Element racked up w/three boards! But it's a bit more road weary now compared to that pic from summer 2015 right b4 she trekked up to Nova Scotia. She was sounding angry last November and needed a new exhaust manifold. Seems to be holding strong for the time being w/91,000 miles. Lotta under carriage/exhaust rust from being on my little island for 8 yrs now. Been through quite a bit of flood waters at this point

Thought you guys would enjoy seeing this unique 1957 FC170 Jeep that's been parked on my street for sale for weeks now. Can't say ever seen one of these b4. SUPER COOL! Set a quality racks and it'd be gtg. If only I could print up some currency!!

lol..."Way more fun than your brothers Wrangler".

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:50:47 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

supthecreek

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 07:21:28 PM »
I have my 2 dream surf vehicles

Both go all over the East Coast filled with boards.
The Honda I bought new in 2006 and has never seen a mechanic or even had a spark plug changed.
Just oil changes and I do the brakes..... perfect economy road trip car!

My daily surf van also makes East Coast runs with the bed in place.
I bought it for $2,000 4 years ago.... it spent last winter in Florida! 
I like all my options when I go to the beach!

Both hold lots of boards and gear! ;D ;D

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »
When you're bushed after a long day surfing at San O how cool would it be to drop the seat back and take a nap while the car took you home.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 09:20:08 PM »
When you're bushed after a long day surfing at San O how cool would it be to drop the seat back and take a nap while the car took you home.
Riders Club on the way home of course ;)
It's not overhead to me!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 10:31:44 PM »
Goes without saying.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 06:15:57 AM »
Marc...  You are quite lucky the price is too high on that Jeep. (waaay high)  Those, and the Ford and Dodge look-alikes, look cool but were all built to fund TV programs on the Speed channel. This was my surf truck for many years. I was a much better poser than surfer. In the roughly 20yrs I owned it, it only attempted to kill me once when the pitman arm (= zero steering) let go and I ended up in pasture near home - 90 min. prior I had been doing 60 on the Bay Bridge.  Some nice cabinet maker guy in upstate NY bought it. (Praise be!)

Save $ - buy new/newish.

Jim

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »
In the early 80's I had a '61 convertible VW bug. I would put the top down strap all my windsurfing gear to it (rope between the sun visor mounts) and head north to Cabrillo Beach. Hour and a half drive up the coast to the nearest wind. Those were fun times cruising up and back on PCH in that bug. Cool evening air, with the under seat heat valve opened just a little 8)
It's not overhead to me!

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 10:05:25 AM »
Wetstuff: one of the guys on my water polo team in high school had one of those travelalls that we'd all pile into to find some trouble somewhere.  It was an old beater in "78.  I can't imagine how yours survived for so many years... and that bay bridge story is pretty unnerving.

Dream surf vehicles are all based on the dreams of the dreamer.  If I'm going to dream, I'd dream of waking up, putting on board shorts, walking out the back door, down 10 steps and into the surf.  My dream is to not need a vehicle.  :D

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 12:55:29 PM »
Funniest thing TD is to see a convertible around here; "What is he thinking?!" ...it turns into coastal Panama here about this time of year and partly-funky the rest.  A lack of bugs and humidity - I cannot imagine.

I met the nice couple who own the local Nissan van.  Not only can they both squeeze a gallon out of a one-quart wave, but they have also rigged this van pretty well.  It is kinda a newer Creek's van; they too bring all their weapons to the fight.  I gather Nissan is a good value and available as 4WD.  They probably even have snorkels for you guys in OZ. (We have a local Sprinter diver that made his ready for End Times.)

Jim

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »
For those that like to build things or like unique things check out this YouTube video. 
It's titled "I turned my Tesla into a pickup truck".
https://youtu.be/jKv_N0IDS2A

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 09:15:47 AM »
Good one Steve,  As soon as she said; "The only sane option." ("to make me famous for a week.")  Why not: life is short and most under perform.

Jim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal