Author Topic: Wing Size???  (Read 27908 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Wing Size???
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 02:43:01 AM »
I think we are still in the adaptation of existing products phase.  Check out the Kitewing.  Boom, lots of Dihedral, battens, windows.  That was the most immediate predecessor to wingsurfing.

The inflatable leading edge is on all wing-surf wings but how much they have strayed from the kitewing design has varied.  It is possible that there will be room for many flavors but we will certainly see improvements over time.  It will be really interesting to see what new materials such as Alula bring in terms of design.  That might allow much slimmer leading edges, less weight and improved stiffness.  We have a workable start but this is in its infancy and there will be a lot of changes and tweaks.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:47:05 AM by Admin »

soepkip

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 06:36:45 AM »
I have a 5 m2 Duotone, share it with my daughter, very nice to be able to adjust like a windsurf sail.

The foil pumps very well with the boom in short position and is more controlable with a longer boom.

But still I would like to get rid of the boom for rougher conditions , and we , esp my daughter needs a smaller wing .

And a longer mast, 90cm because 65 cm is too short when the chop is big...

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 09:52:58 AM »
I need a 5m, will trade a 3M for it in a heartbeat. And yes, longer masts are a near requirement unless you have great pitch control. I was out on my Axis foil yesterday and loving it, even though it takes a lot more speed to get my ass off the water. the 90CM mast is why. I managed to overfoil it, but it was an extreme situation. Lost my mind going downwind and ran over the top of a four-foot swell while flat out. The educational correction was immediate.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal