Author Topic: Lotsa health propaganda coming for 2020  (Read 89826 times)

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Lotsa health propaganda coming for 2020
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2019, 06:42:34 AM »
check into legislation called "gun control"

check into assault and military weapons bans

Gun control and weapons bans run afoul of the 2nd Amendment (District of Columbia v. Heller (2008). 

By the way, that's really the only point I'm trying to make in this discussion.  To be successful in firearms legislation you have to deal with the 2nd Amendment.  Everything else is just noise. 

There is a case brewing out of NYC, regarding and old law banning the transportation of licensed handguns out of the city.  In other words, if you compete in pistol match competition outside NYC, you can't transport your handgun. 

The Supreme Court will hear the case (New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. City of New York) in October.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2019, 07:13:03 AM »
that reasonable gun control and the 2nd amendment cant coexist is bogus NRA propaganda

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

the brits are our allies now!

and i supported a heavily armed military! so our state can be free from the likes of putin, mbs etc--not some self-appointed aryan militia on a bender about hilary's peedophile ring, or some other hannity-fueled garbage (which of course, if hannity-fueled, is also trump-fueled!)

some would like our state free from the invasion of drug dealing and raping mexicans----when they are incited by our president, shit hits the fan, as effected by miltary assault weapons capable of shooting 100 rounds per minute, which can be purchased easier than a car or boat! or even alcohol, if you look as young as i do!!!

jeeze i am a specimen

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2019, 07:23:05 AM »
Yes, you certainly are.

Which reminds me, I have to follow my dog around the yard later to pick up a specimen for her vet visit. ;D

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2019, 07:39:03 AM »
A long term debate on the meaning. Chief Justice Warren called the NRA's use of the second amendment a scam. I don't remember the wording, but at that time the supreme court considered the militia part of that sentence to be the governing phrase. If we had a population like Switzerland, where male able-bodied citizens are universally required to do military service (women can and do volunteer) then fully automatic weapons would be present in a closet in most homes--for the exact purpose stated in the second amendment. And it would make sense. Of course, it would be nice if we were as sane as the swiss, but that's another topic. At least there would be training, and discipline around the use and purpose of that firearm, and it would belong to the government and not be present after service was completed.

The NRA points to Switzerland all the time as a place where gun ownership doesn't result in gun violence, conveniently forgetting that Switzerland has strict laws about gun ownership revolving around competence and responsibility. I'm not a fan of Business Insider--too much bullshit in general, but this is a reasonably factual article.
https://www.businessinsider.com/switzerland-gun-laws-rates-of-gun-deaths-2018-2#around-the-world-stronger-gun-laws-have-been-linked-to-fewer-gun-deaths-that-has-been-the-case-in-switzerland-too-11
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2019, 08:06:14 AM »
I think you mean Justice Warren Berger, "fraud on the American Public".   Hey look, even the Heller case was decided 5 to 4.  Clearly there were dissenting opinions - all (pretty much) along party lines. 

A problem we face is that our legislators are too lazy to adopt/adapt law (in this case the 2nd Amendment) that makes sense in the current climate.   

Too busy poking each other with sticks...

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2019, 09:01:33 AM »
In the historical link I posted earlier (up a few, maybe several), it mentioned motivations/discussions that were recorded but not part of the final amendment, unfortunately IMO. Keeping the federal government from establishing a standing army was a primary motivation for ensuring that state militia citizen soldiers could not have their weapons collected by the federal government.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »
it's anything but laziness--it's about repub obstructionism in the senate--where any discussion that might annoy nra is shut down before it can begin--by oconnell repub senate majority leader---reality

hell, nra/gun manufacturers successfully lobbied (paid) our politicians to shut down funding for research on how bad gun violence is, and how to prevent more gun deaths and maimings----nra doesnt want us even studying the problem! so we dont study it!!  democracy?  where? which way'd he go?

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2019, 10:23:23 AM »
Democracy went out the window in my state some time ago. In US congressional elections in 2018, the GOP had 51% of the vote to the DEMs 49% and because of how the districts are drawn, the GOP won 10 seats and the DEMs 3. Had it been 51% DEM to 49% GOP. there is one district that *might* have flipped.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »
it's anything but laziness--it's about repub obstructionism in the senate--where any discussion that might annoy nra is shut down before it can begin--by oconnell repub senate majority leader---reality
What happened in the years the dems had majority control (2008-2010 for instance)?  Congress should have been hot off the Heller decision (2008) and ready to rumble.  But no, just crickets... 

Plenty of blame to go around.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
What happened in the years the dems had majority control (2008-2010 for instance)?  Congress should have been hot off the Heller decision (2008) and ready to rumble.  But no, just crickets... 

Plenty of blame to go around.
Yeah, it isn't just party lines. There is some geography involved. Crickets from Bernie in 2016, for example. He has changed his position for 2020.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2019, 03:02:53 PM »
were are these gun injuries coming from,  mostly Chicago at the moment.  Its inner city gang ativity generating a large part of the statistics.   You want to curb the gun violence,  go and talk to some heavy hitters on the street corner and let me know how that goes.   guns dont kill people, people do.   

The United States Govt is running the biggest market of heavy hitting guns, and your turning to government to save you from gun violence? its comical.    Go and free up this insane drug war and get the cia out of the opium trade and the weapons trade, then lets see were those numbers are.

how about we get the govt out of running false flags to divert attention from the child trafficking using gun violence as a cover.   how about we hold the pharmaceutical companies feet to the fire for pushing these insanely overreaching psychotropics, that are proving they dont fucking work.   

how about we address the autoimmune responses we are getting from the vaccines that are causing the kids to suffer ADHD,  most of these shooters start all on the same path, Ritalin for the adhd, suicidal ideations, instutionalized, then put on heavy psychotropics.  Its a pattern that must be addressed.

good luck pushing this emotionally charged subject, nobody is going to take anybodies gun without some serious blood shed.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
were are these gun injuries coming from,  mostly Chicago at the moment.  Its inner city gang ativity generating a large part of the statistics.   You want to curb the gun violence,  go and talk to some heavy hitters on the street corner and let me know how that goes.   guns dont kill people, people do.   

The United States Govt is running the biggest market of heavy hitting guns, and your turning to government to save you from gun violence? its comical.    Go and free up this insane drug war and get the cia out of the opium trade and the weapons trade, then lets see were those numbers are.

how about we get the govt out of running false flags to divert attention from the child trafficking using gun violence as a cover.   how about we hold the pharmaceutical companies feet to the fire for pushing these insanely overreaching psychotropics, that are proving they dont fucking work.   

how about we address the autoimmune responses we are getting from the vaccines that are causing the kids to suffer ADHD,  most of these shooters start all on the same path, Ritalin for the adhd, suicidal ideations, instutionalized, then put on heavy psychotropics.  Its a pattern that must be addressed.

good luck pushing this emotionally charged subject, nobody is going to take anybodies gun without some serious blood shed.

Here is where the gun violence is:

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/12/gun-violence-shooting-map-data/
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2019, 07:05:17 PM »
that guns be readily available, on hand, as a "check and balance" on our government, for any idiot(s) with a gun to decide to implement, is effing scary.

No one (in this thread) is saying that

"no one (in this thread)", Bean, then, must include you--

so, correct me in i'm wrong, but YOU dont think the right to bear arms and form militia as spec'ed in the 2nd amendment would appropriately provide that, today in 2019, individuals and small groups be armed to defend against or attack our government to prevent tyranny and/or unfair rule?

To check and/or balance an over-reaching government? Right?

since no one on this thread feels that way....youre part of no one, right??

it's a challenge to get to it, but i think you actually expressed a POV--cryptic and riddling as ever, but it was there for the diligent miner--oh if i got it wrong pls explain.....
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2019, 07:53:03 PM »
Eastbound,
I believe the referenced militias were state militias, not just anyone who banded together (gangs?) to challenge the federal government for establishing a standing army and/or tyranny.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2019, 03:47:17 AM »
understood, rtg---in 1785 it was considered important that states (and, i thought also, localities and less formally established entities) be able to rise up against centralized authority such as that of the king (were our federal govt to evolve as such)--2nd amendment was considered check and balance in case federal gov't overreached

whatever the specifics of the concept, it is ridiculous nra propaganda that we need to preserve the ability to engage in violent armed confrontation with our federal goverment---today in 2019---lol!

to describe the 2nd amendment as a "check and a balance" is just another talking point paid for by nra and its pr lobby machine

so when bean asks "what other checks and balances would you quash?" or some such, the question is loaded that the 2nd amendment is a legit contemporary check and balance--well it's not--and the concept is pure nra garbage

nuff of the bean riddles---waste of time

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal