Author Topic: Lotsa health propaganda coming for 2020  (Read 89852 times)

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Lotsa health propaganda coming for 2020
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2019, 11:22:26 AM »
i am surprised no repubs will run against trump--and i dont mean perot-types---i mean legit, sane, repubs with standards for reasonable behavior

theyre out there--and ill differ with them--but theyre decent humans

wait?? where are they??

kasich?? anyone got the guts to step up??
The only republican that could stand a snowball's chance against Trump would be one that is not a politician.  I also think that Jon Stewart would stand a better chance at beating him than any of the current large crop of candidates on the other side, for the same reason.
It takes a quiver to do that.

iopsailor

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 11:45:58 AM »
Lots of folks voted for Trump for that reason, I liked Howard Schultz for the same reason till he dropped out.  Somebody is taking the Dems seriously - there’s a big scare campaign on the tube about Medicare for all

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 07:15:20 AM »
Looks like Trump will have ignited a full-on race war before 2020 anyway, so Medicare will be the least of the problems. Maybe he’ll suggest his own wife “goes home”. But at least she was actually an immigrant.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 09:32:46 AM »
Looks like Trump will have ignited a full-on race war before 2020 anyway, so Medicare will be the least of the problems. Maybe he’ll suggest his own wife “goes home”. But at least she was actually an immigrant.
Well now you've got Boris Johnson to worry about, it seems like you're getting surrounded.
It takes a quiver to do that.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 05:05:37 AM »
Well now you've got Boris Johnson to worry about, it seems like you're getting surrounded.
Well, Boris has appointed plenty of ethnic minority and female candidates to his cabinet. So it seems like he isn’t trying to start a race war, unlike Trump.

And no-one, not even Boris, believes that he will manage to deliver a no-deal Brexit (although Trump apparently does). At least, not without calling a general election first. We have a Prime Minister who has been elected to the post by a minority of people who are mostly rather elderly and out-of-touch, promising to enact a manifesto he knows he can’t deliver. So in that respect he is a lot like Trump.  And Boris has also been sacked from his job twice in his career for telling outright lies. In fact, many of his recent speeches have contained mistruths, when they have been fact-checked. So in that respects he is like Trump too. And Boris has also angered our neighbours and friends already, to our disadvantage, so in that respects he’s like Trump too. But we don’t worry too much about Boris because he has made too many enemies to really get much of what he says done, and there isn’t the money to do the rest, especially when the UK currency collapses even more as the Brexit saga continues into 2020 and beyond. That’s a shame actually because beyond the issue of Brexit, there is much to like about what he wants to do. But the economic and cultural disaster of Brexit will weaken us so much that the very communities that voted for it will suffer most, rendering none of the good stuff possible.

Anyhow, I see there are signs that the US economy is faltering now too, partly as a result of Trump’s trade wars. And Iran is playing Trump like a fiddle, so soon you are going to get drawn into another Middle East conflict, only with the international community much less keen to help you than in the Obama era, since he tore up the agreement that was keeping Iran contained, merely because it was one of Obama’s achievements.

But I guess that from your perspective this mess is somehow all the US immigrant’s fault, right? It can’t possibly be Trump’s policies, can it? And he can fix all this by telling a few democratically-elected US-citizen representatives to go back to their rodent-infested, crime-ridden communities, right?

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 07:07:13 AM »
I'll vote for the one who has the best believable plan to fix the out of control Prescription Drug prices...

Its only July and I have hit the dreaded donut-hole.... on drugs that are considerably less expensive, Same Brand and Dose,  if you go underground and purchase them in/from Canada or Turkey.
Old fugger who just likes to fish

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 07:59:01 AM »
I'll vote for the one who has the best believable plan to fix the out of control Prescription Drug prices...

Its only July and I have hit the dreaded donut-hole.... on drugs that are considerably less expensive, Same Brand and Dose,  if you go underground and purchase them in/from Canada or Turkey.
Well, it’s not going to happen under Trump, is it?

https://youtu.be/tOIOgKbon6Q

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 09:20:31 AM »
10, You are a little far from the action.  She's more a 'dietician' than a leader - 'lotsa plans.   It's more likely that Trump will lose bigger than last time and still win.  The Republicans simply know how to man-the-rope in a tug of war.  With the Dems, every fifth person is pushing on the next one pulling.  Bernie, still pushing at the end, did in Clinton last time. He's likely to do a repeat. Old egos know no bounds.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 12:19:55 PM »
Yes, a US journalist friend told me exactly the same about Trump’s chances of getting in.

But I don’t know about being far from the action. Here is the problem we face in the UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49145174

Watch the video of the Iranians speaking. And bear  in mind that I work alongside Iranian colleagues, who are highly valued. Trump’s little hissy fit, throwing his handbag out of the pram because of Obama, and pulling out of the nuclear deal, is dragging the UK into a dangerous situation with Iran. Trump is of course also alienating the US and making all you guys there less safe too. But my major concern is that we are being tarred by the same brush with a country with which we have had respectable working relations for quite some time now. To what purpose has Trump started this pointless nastiness? None whatsoever beyond his own childish ego. There is no upside for the US. He is just going to create a situation where more US (and UK) troops are killed, and makes a 911 type incident more likely. It’s idiotic and he’s putting you in danger, all because he just wants to tear down anything that a black man had anything to do with. A black man who was more charismatic, better looking, cleverer, and a better orator than he is. Jealousy mixed with racism. And it’s gonna cost you guys, and unfortunately, also the UK (and the innocent Iranian people). So in that way I am quite close to the action, unfortunately.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 08:13:12 AM »
I meant politically, 10.  I may read the Economist, but I don't truly care a whit much about the complexity of your politics.  I do agree, a destabilized planet is a much more dangerous one. ...but, that seems the norm for almost any generation. 

It would be helpful to have a -successful- 1-year war similar to 'Operation Desert Storm'. A big general takes the attention off the White House and the people rally around 'Our Boys'.   But, it does not appear there is any place on the game board for Trump to set his tank piece without us (and/or others) taking a hammering.  Posturing, then winking at the other side, make still allow him to win the game.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2019, 08:33:00 AM »
sadly, i agree with your recent writing here, 10

and wet, seems you think we are incapable of "wagging the dog" without seriously tripping over our dicks--i think youre correct---the days we we can operate a contained quick win are long over----conflict=mess!

hope trump and co dont arrange conflict to distract and rally the patriot vote...........scary

there is a case to be made that trump is intellectually capable of processing beyond that the iran deal was obama's so it must be destroyed---he might want a situation in place where he can speedily arrange a "wag the dog" war in time for the election----who better than Iran? esp since Trump/Kushner are owned by Bibi and MBS?!?
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 08:35:58 AM »
"I'll vote for the one who has the best believable plan to fix the out of control Prescription Drug prices..."

key issue, yes--but is anything Trump says about anything, let alone an election issue, believable???

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
...I see there are signs that the US economy is faltering now too, partly as a result of Trump’s trade wars...

What is it that you see A10?  Elizabeth Warren?

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2019, 11:06:56 AM »
...I see there are signs that the US economy is faltering now too, partly as a result of Trump’s trade wars...

What is it that you see A10?  Elizabeth Warren?
This is what I see.

US economic growth slows below Trump target https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49130385

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »
I'm not sure how any one would come to a conclusion that the US economy is "faltering" based upon that article A10.

You are showing your inner Chicken Little...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal