Author Topic: Reduce heart disease ..a Ouija board is next  (Read 35118 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Reduce heart disease ..a Ouija board is next
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »
The Ouija board is just too flexible, it's an Indo or Goof-board for me... ;D

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 12:24:03 PM »
great site, wet---seen it before

much as i read the site in the interest of personally improving health, i am entertained by the debunking of conventional science wisdom--diet and health are a rich fields in which to debunk and anthony does a nice job sifting through the garbage
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:16:24 PM »
No meat, poultry, fish, or eggs since 1973. I survived SCA. My cardiologist who is not a diet bigot thinks that certainly helped my survival and recovery.

The fact that I refused all the allopathic meds, and followed a very different path which ultimately has led to a full recovery is another tale.🤣😎🌠🌈
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Topwater

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 12:35:50 PM »
Good for you, Bigs.  Being from the upper Midwest, I can easily live w/o fish and crustaceans, but I still eat most everything ...just not the quantity.   You sound like you had something similar to the Ornish diet.

Thanks for posting that, TW... I got thru about half of the Ornish response.  But came back to a nagging sentence: "These include a whole foods plant-based diet low in both fat and sugar/refined carbohydrates, moderate exercise, stress management techniques, and social support."

I am certainly no scientist, diet'toligist or physician, but my personal nose tells me the scale is weighted to the center-two out of the four. The later I dismiss with; 'Yer'either goona or not?!  I ain't goona mak'ya."  IHOP is selling a 'short stack' of pancakes for .58 cents three days from now. Whad'da bet very few <34" waists will be waiting for the doors to open? 

I could easily change if I was plunked into Thailand or somesuch, but, it's white corn season now...   I would suspect that the bulk of the people here are a good bit healthier than average, no matter the strictness of their diet.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »
No meat, poultry, fish, or eggs since 1973. I survived SCA. My cardiologist who is not a diet bigot thinks that certainly helped my survival and recovery.

The fact that I refused all the allopathic meds, and followed a very different path which ultimately has led to a full recovery is another tale.🤣😎🌠🌈

❤️👍👍❤️
Curious....do you eat/drink dairy?

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 03:34:42 PM »
Sure do..
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 07:01:55 PM »
Holy Hell!

I feel like pretty lucky.... 58 years of age and I eat EVERYTHING I desire and crave with the exception of raw seafood.  I LOVE a couple of beers each eve. but no hard stuff...never a shot or mixed drink kinda guy.  I workout (cardio and weights) and/or surf every day of the week (religiously) and feel pretty good at 6' 1" and 180-185lbs., but have a history of head/neck cancer and skin cancer so appreciate every day and my local opportunities and friends!!!  Life is good!

Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal