Stand Up Paddle > Gear Talk

genration boards - Sunova Poynter Hughes

(1/5) > >>

supsean:
Any body see this one flying under the radar?  https://genration.com
Looks like a new company from Sunova with Sean Poynter and Daniel Hughes riding these tiny boards with no tractions pads. Look like they have some step-down rails and they are making one for "heavier" riders. Looking pretty sweet.

Califoilia:
Funny you should mention that. Last Thursday I was out foiling Fenceline (Sano) on a pretty decent day, and looked down to Nukes to see a couple guys (one guy in particular) just shearing the tops off of the head high waves there for about an hour. I couldn't tell who they actually were due to the distance, and didn't recognize either's "style" if you will (we get some good guys out here at times, but not that good regularly), but marveled at their SUP skills.

Well later that day back on the beach I looked down the sand, and recognized Daniel a few cars away from me, and it all made instant sense to me as to who I was watching earlier. So wandered on over to see what he's been up to lately, as I've know Danial and his brother Matt for quite sometime, but hadn't seen him/them in a couple of years at least...and he talked about how excited he was with his new "Generation" ride (he had been with Kings for 9+ years), and how he and Sean were able to work on the design line together with the folks at Sunova.

He was thrilled to showoff the construction, and dang near tossed the board to me so I could "feel how light it is". Well dang, it was light, feather light, and despite its lightness, seemed solid as a rock. We don't see too many Sunovas yet around here yet (at least I haven't seen but one or two), so I've not actually looked one over closely until Danny tossed me his...and I gotta say, "I'm impressed".

So if any of youse guys know any of those Sunova guys...let 'em know if they want/need a demo rider for one of their SUP foil boards in the Sano/SoCal area...I'd be more than happy to help 'em out. Think I might be able to make that 6'3" look pretty good, but they'd have to put another set of forward boxes in it for my "Angledfoil" (have 'em call me, and I'll tell them where they need to put 'em). LOL! ;) ;D

supsean:
Ha ha! Thanks for the story

Although I will never ride a toothpick, I still get excited over new boards. As a heavier rider (especially than those two) and of questionable skill level, I would certainly be an excellent candidate for a similar demo-rider situation.

;) ;D

exiled:
Lines like 'high performance for bigger guys' always gets me interested. Futures fin boxes are nice, and I know some here will love the standard handles.

mrbig:
The bigger board is the Kanga! I suspect Ian Cairns is also there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version