Author Topic: Costa Rica spots?  (Read 2347 times)

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Costa Rica spots?
« on: June 16, 2019, 10:12:26 PM »
Planning to do a foiling trip in the end July to Costa Rica. Any recommendations on breaks that are good for foil? Got a place I can stay in tamarendo but not sure if it's too crowded there to be speeding around in a foil. If any local riders need some gear brought down, I'll have an extra board bag I can bring.

Evan Lloyd

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Costa Rica spots?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 02:54:12 PM »
The river mouth in Tamarindo is really fun at medium to high tide.  Nosara also has a really great spot with long rides but its a 2-hour drive from Tamarindo.  I'm editing some video of my trip there.  Sorry, it's not ready yet, but it'll have a lot of good info on the area.  Look up Nico at the Beach club in Tamarindo.  He's the man and is the only guide I'll use because he's a foil sup guy. 

Good luck.  Call me if you need more details. 

Evan

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 06:43:55 PM »
Evan, get that video done man!

And yeah, I’d think that whole stretch of beach over towards casitas (ask someone) would be foil-able at certain tides. Should be able to find a spot. But I agree, get a guide. So worth it.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »
Awesome info guys, thank you very much. Maybe I'll do a few days tamarendo and a few in nosara. Last time I was in nosara was after a big Earth quake and it messed the surf up big time so I'm glad to hear it's good again. I'll probably be reaching out to you soon Evan. Thanks again guys.

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 02:32:18 AM »
The Blue Zone/Progression Project guys that run the camp are foiling. Get in touch with Chase, great guy, met him this past January in Nosara.

http://www.bluezonesup.com/
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal