Author Topic: SUP Booby Trap on YouTube  (Read 6042 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP Booby Trap on YouTube
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 07:11:24 PM »

As for the SUP guy in the original vid, what is to get worked up about?  This happens all the time at tiny beginner waves from beginners on anything.  So what?  You explain it to them nicely once.  He is just getting started.  Be nice to the guy, set him in the right direction (literally) and he will be no problem. 

Yes, yes, I know. You guys were generous with me. I have no idea how many times I dropped in on you Admin when I was getting started, but I'm sure it was way too many.

Of course that was so long ago the statute of limitations has expired, and I'm free to pass judgement.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

JVM

• Halifax Paddlesurf
  • Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Halifax Paddlesurf
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 02:05:45 PM »
Oh man, 5:10 makes me ashamed.  That guy is violating one of the cardinal rules:  "If you are just learning to SUP surf, stay away from the lineup"

This. It hurts to watch. He didn't even try to get over the wave out of the way...
DEALER FOR--------------------------------
INFINITY BOARDS
ONE STAND UP BOARDS
SUNOVA SUP
AXIS FOILS
VISSLA
ISURUS
BLACKFISH PADDLES
BLACK PROJECT FINS AND PADDLES

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »
Truly inexperienced and out in the wrong lineup. I probably would have said something to the guy if he did that to me.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

sup_surf_giant

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »
Truly inexperienced and out in the wrong lineup. I probably would have said something to the guy if he did that to me.

I'd guess that'd go as well as giving driving instructions to the old lady who just backed into your car.
Taller than most, shorter than others.

SUP CPA

• Waikiki Status
  • Laguna Niguel, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 06:06:59 PM »
To be fair to the kook, that's Doheny and it was only knee high. I surf there 2-3 times a week and stuff like that is normal. You know, Doheny: where every wave is a party wave. If you haven't been knee-capped by someone's out-of-control board you haven't really surfed Doho.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal