Author Topic: Bluetooth ear buds for paddling  (Read 2716 times)

Foilman

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Bluetooth ear buds for paddling
« on: June 03, 2019, 03:46:03 AM »
Hi guys. Was wondering what earbuds you can recommend for paddling. I used to have a cheap set from amazon that worked well but had mediocre sound. They recently had an unfortunate encounter with my tile saw  :-\ so I’m on the market for a new set. Thank you.

Rob
Starboard Allstar 14' x 25.5"
Starboard Coast Runner 14' x 28"
Bark Competitor 12' 6" x 28"
Fanatic AllWave 8'11"
Blue Planet Surf 10' x 32" inflatable

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth ear buds for paddling
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 05:29:01 AM »
loved my airpods, until i was given the jabra 65t's for xmas---truly amazing---the jabra are said to be some sort of waterproof--ive only cycled and run in the rain with them, and had no problems---not sure how they'd appreciate immersion
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:32:05 AM by eastbound »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 06:17:17 AM »
I will second jabra elite 65t - truly impressive sound. Or if you are ok with 250 price tag - new Powerbeats pro.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »
Any idea how long the jabra elite 65t's will last before they need re-charging? And just to clarify, I'm thinking of uses other than on the water.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 08:26:11 AM »
google them QB---i use them for 3 or 4 hrs with no issue (havent tried longer)---when you chargem, you do so in their small case---they end up charged, but so does the case, which will completely recharge the earbuds 4 or 5 add'l times, when you replace them in the case, before you need to plug into an outlet again

i love that i can be podcasting on my bike commute, be told i "have a call from so and so" and take the call with one button push on the right bud, then push again to return to the podcast---no stopping, no fussing, etc--they simply work....
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »
I will second jabra elite 65t - truly impressive sound. Or if you are ok with 250 price tag - new Powerbeats pro.
I wasn't even digging the $190 price tag of the jabra (assuming you need the "active" around the water). For earbuds? Zoinks... :o

Any idea how long the jabra elite 65t's will last before they need re-charging? And just to clarify, I'm thinking of uses other than on the water.
It says "Power your music, calls and fitness tracking throughout the day with up to 5 hours battery life, and a total 15 hours with the included charging case" in the above Amazon link...whatever that means wrt the using "charging case" somehow.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 02:12:53 PM »
try the JBL Endurance Sprint or DIVE.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
Thanks guys, for the information on the battery life of the jabra elite 65t’s. I did know what the website said, but I was hoping real life use might be longer. I like to use my ear buds while traveling and some of the trips we take can involve plane rides of 10 hours or more. So I’m afraid these won’t work for me. Thanks again.
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 03:33:46 PM »
Thanks guys, for the information on the battery life of the jabra elite 65t’s. I did know what the website said, but I was hoping real life use might be longer. I like to use my ear buds while traveling and some of the trips we take can involve plane rides of 10 hours or more. So I’m afraid these won’t work for me. Thanks again.
Only Powerbeats pro for you then - 9 hours play time with 2 additional charges in the case.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 03:48:03 AM »
i use cans on planes, anyway---i find that the buds, even those with the silicone ear inserts, allow too much ambient noise---good noise cancelling cans can be set at very low volume and still be clear as a bell

cant wear the cans with a bike helmet! and prolly best to hear that cab about to run me over
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

oceanAddict

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 05:56:13 AM »

Have nothing to add about earbuds for paddling but if you air travel a lot I would highly recommend to invest in noise canceling cans too. I recently had my first round trip with new headphones and was eye-opening experience. With few iPad preloaded movies time passed by very quickly and I enjoyed my movies in full comfort.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:58:37 AM by oceanAddict »
Infinity Blackfish, SIC Bullet Air Glide, Sunova Point Break #003, Sunova Soul

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 07:52:34 AM »

Have nothing to add about earbuds for paddling but if you air travel a lot I would highly recommend to invest in noise canceling cans too. I recently had my first round trip with new headphones and was eye-opening experience. With few iPad preloaded movies time passed by very quickly and I enjoyed my movies in full comfort.

Yes, but the only problem is the room they take. I am traveling lighter and lighter, and ear buds are just so much more convenient in terms of the space they take up. I know the sound is not as good but I'm just not willing to to take up the extra space for something I basically only use on the plane and sometimes in airports.
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal