Author Topic: Storing boards in PODS container  (Read 1987 times)

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Storing boards in PODS container
« on: June 02, 2019, 01:40:46 PM »
I've got to move everything out of my garage for a month or so this summer while it's under construction, and I was thinking a PODS storage container would fit all my boards, lawn and garden tools, and other gear securely in my driveway. My only concern is the heat... does anyone know if these get hot enough if parked in the sun to cause any problems for SUPs? Any other experience or tips on these, or good alternatives?

Thanks!

BS

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Storing boards in PODS container
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 06:19:40 AM »
They get pretty toasty, I have a couple of containers to stick stuff in and they get hot, but not to the point that they'd damage your board. At least the PODs are painted white. They should reflect heat more than my dark maroon ovens. I'd make sure to open them up and let the humidity evaporate every so often.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 06:50:11 AM »
I don’t want to hijack the thread, but it’s relevant, I think.  If a board is going to be sitting for several months, what position is the best way to store it?  On straps (like the Suspenz SUP rack), on two “arms” (like a flat rack), on its side on foam blocks, upright on its tail, or...???

gcs

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:16:18 AM »
Whatever you do do not put it in the board bag let it breathe.  Most boards are shipped in metal containers in cardboard boxes and seem to do OK. 
Starboard Allstar 2019 14x28
Infinity Wide Aquatic 10 8
Yolo Original 10 6

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 12:08:37 PM »
I don’t want to hijack the thread, but it’s relevant, I think.  If a board is going to be sitting for several months, what position is the best way to store it?  On straps (like the Suspenz SUP rack), on two “arms” (like a flat rack), on its side on foam blocks, upright on its tail, or...???

I've left mine sitting either flat or on the side rails on a padded rack or on old tire in my garage year round. Haven't noticed any problems from them either way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal