General > The Shape Shack

UV clear coating...

(1/1)

Wetstuff:
I was looking for some vinyl screen ink solvent and noticed this item that may be helpful to use-guyz.

https://www.nazdar.com/en-us/P/4319/Nazkote-RA1500-UV-Premium-Satin-Roller-Coat-Clear

Jim

TallDude:
I read through the spec's. It looks tricky to use. Can't expose it to any UV light while applying it or even just storing it. Seams like it's just made for coating printed ink objects. Hobie used satin and glossy concrete sealer on most of their race boards, and I've used it on a few of my boards. It bonds well, and is easy to apply.

PonoBill:
Yeah, no. Any poly-based crap will block UV. It's what it does. Concrete sealer is probably fine, but rattle can Rustoleum clear in gloss, satin and matte is a killer product.

Surfside:

--- Quote from: PonoBill on May 31, 2019, 10:42:41 PM ---Yeah, no. Any poly-based crap will block UV. It's what it does. Concrete sealer is probably fine, but rattle can Rustoleum clear in gloss, satin and matte is a killer product.

--- End quote ---

Thanks PB!  Almost finished with my 6' mini barge and I'll have to give it a coat of Rustoleum clear before the Speed spray. BTW, their white primer works great! Does not chip when you strike it with the paddle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version