Author Topic: Aw, Chicken Feathers  (Read 1659 times)

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aw, Chicken Feathers
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:59:07 AM »
Copied from an article
The primary material for this trailer is chicken feathers – yes, chicken feathers – set in resin. Company founder Angel Irlanda has experience working with feathers in fabric, and once the decidedly lightweight material is fused with resin it apparently becomes nearly as strong as carbon fiber.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/teardrop-camper-with-gull-wing-roof-is-literally-made-of-feathers/ar-AABHbzg?ocid=spartandhp#image=AABHbzd|1

WOW!  8)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: Aw, Chicken Feathers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 02:12:34 PM »
ss,  I saw this on a design forum.  <300 lbs is pretty remarkable.  I live on a marsh and am from the North Woods - there's no fricking way you could survive ...at least with your sanity with one of these.  I did find a good example of the other side of the argument.  The fellow who posted this photo 'loves' it.  If I am not mistaken... this looks like maybe the Sierra foothills, no?

Our Deer fly pop. has arisen from the marshes ...and they are hungry!  Friends on Cape Breton said the flurries last week were followed by 'everyone's friends' - the Blackflies. We see some of these little trailers over at the beach, but most carry large tents to have somewhere to stand up.  I can see all my c'hit outside the trailer and the rain commencing about 2 am...

This chicken-builder guy does at least address some of it with some pretty decent canvas addons. I hope he does well.

Jim

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »
I know that chicken feathers are a by-product of the chicken industry, but I do hate to see something else that exploits animals, and that benefits from factory farming.
Had to say it.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »
So you'd rather see them wasted?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 02:45:34 AM »
No, not at all! As long as there is a meat-production industry, nothing at all should be wasted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal