Author Topic: My GoFoil feedback  (Read 6232 times)

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My GoFoil feedback
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 02:45:16 PM »
In the beginning, I was focusing on the IWA with Kai tail even though I had the maliko tail and my mind was racing between board & foil sizes and then foil to board setup and adjustments, surf spot, technique and it was like back to school again and I hated school haha.
What I like about Gofoil from others I tried is the simplicity and just pull out the wings and one screw for each front or rear wing to lock into place and the others have lots of bolts for the fuselage to mast, bolts for the front and rear wings etc and you have to make sure their perfectly tight otherwise if they're loose or over tight you'll have an issue and with repetitive install and uninstall of these parts the long term doesn't look that good.

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »
I would definitely not recommend learning to foil on a smaller tail such as the kai - the foil is much more sensitive to weight shifts and essentially less stable.  Depending on your weight, learning on the M200 with maliko tail is a great choice.  It is reasonably slow, easy to get out of the water and pretty stable.  But if the waves are at all steep or fast, then the M200 is not fun at all, you need to step down to an IWA

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 04:31:40 AM »
And dreamy M200 flying in the East Coast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP5NN6le7uU

Looking good, Beasho.  What an epic day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal