Author Topic: What's coming  (Read 13487 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What's coming
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 10:25:26 AM »
Gripe: Instragram video sucks!  How is it possible that they have no scroll for reverse and forward.  No native link to the original video poster?  Madness.
That drives me crazy--not knowing whether you've watched 1% or 90% of the video.  It's one reason I don't have an instagram account.  Although my dog does, and he uses it every day.  I guess when he watches a video, whatever part he's watching is the best video ever for him.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 10:30:14 AM by pdxmike »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
Some details on the signature wings.  It is the best video Mike's dog and I have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/h4E5RPupDjs
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 10:39:29 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2019, 05:54:02 AM »
JB does a self rescue with the Naish WingSurfer.

https://youtu.be/Qtgi3BGiH3o

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2019, 08:10:01 AM »
That is good to see.  No board leash, though.  Runaway board self rescue would be a good follow-up vid :).

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 04:56:40 AM »
Just ordered a Sling Wing and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it will give us more access to these waves.  :)
https://youtu.be/Usj7QJwGLeY

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 05:51:41 AM »
Just ordered a Sling Wing and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it will give us more access to these waves.

That’s the best tanker wave footage I have seen.  You need a foil.  It would be all time. 

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 06:22:08 AM »
true that---foils'ed be all over that wave

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 08:36:54 AM »
Just ordered a Sling Wing and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it will give us more access to these waves.  :)

What Beasho said. Lots of foil fun to be had there for sure.

Is that Galveston?
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »
Yes, it is Galveston and the foil is definitely my ride of choice :)
My buddy's new boat should arrive soon and hopefully we'll have some tanker footage to share.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »
My buddy's new boat should arrive soon and hopefully we'll have some tanker footage to share.

That wave had way more size and whitewater push than I would have imagined. 

What people don't realize who haven't been on a foil is how much we feel 'Sorry' for people on surfboards.  Last summer on the East coast I would watch people surf and realize that the longboarders were GLUED to the edge of the whitewater.  There was NO way to escape down the line and do carving turns.  Sure you can on a Steamroller of a 10 foot wave in Fiji but NO WAY IN NORMAL SURF.

The foil changes all of that.  You can fly down the line and play 100 yards away from the whitewater AT SPEED. Turn hard enough to stress your legs out and come out FLYING the other direction with NO LOSS OF SPEED.  Those tanker waves would let you get in and then just go crazy with all that shoulder.  In fact they are probably better than typical ocean waves.  At Steamer Lane for example we can get rides for up to 2 minutes 600 to 800 yards but it has to be 15 ft+ @ 18 seconds. 

You have a semi-predictable shipping pattern.  And if there is wind - NO PROBLEM.

Here was a shot taken last weekend.  It was 4 to 5.5 feet on takeoff and the shoulders would fade to nothing.  Turning with speed on nothing.

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 10:25:44 AM »
So true Beasho! The more I foil the less I want to SUP.

I miss Insanity Cruz, The lane, 3 mile and Waddle.

I'm envious of your rides....huge waves and long rides. One day I'll get better :)

Here's a video I made for friends from the other day. The cam is on our deck and unfortunately the 150 yd rides are not in view.

https://youtu.be/-aBiv_LZxYE

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 12:09:49 PM »
Beasho,  you are dong good at keeping my wallet empty ;D ;D

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2019, 03:16:56 PM »

That wave had way more size and whitewater push than I would have imagined. 

What people don't realize who haven't been on a foil is how much we feel 'Sorry' for people on surfboards.  Last summer on the East coast I would watch people surf and realize that the longboarders were GLUED to the edge of the whitewater.  There was NO way to escape down the line and do carving turns.  Sure you can on a Steamroller of a 10 foot wave in Fiji but NO WAY IN NORMAL SURF.

The foil changes all of that.  You can fly down the line and play 100 yards away from the whitewater AT SPEED. Turn hard enough to stress your legs out and come out FLYING the other direction with NO LOSS OF SPEED.  Those tanker waves would let you get in and then just go crazy with all that shoulder.  In fact they are probably better than typical ocean waves.  At Steamer Lane for example we can get rides for up to 2 minutes 600 to 800 yards but it has to be 15 ft+ @ 18 seconds. 

You have a semi-predictable shipping pattern.  And if there is wind - NO PROBLEM.

Here was a shot taken last weekend.  It was 4 to 5.5 feet on takeoff and the shoulders would fade to nothing.  Turning with speed on nothing.

yes foiling is fun but sometimes you got to surf the wave once in a while  :)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2019, 05:16:26 PM »
I drag my surfboard along a lot of the time, but I never use it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal