Author Topic: What's coming  (Read 13492 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: What's coming
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 11:17:05 AM »
TD,  This photo was taken 94 years ago, but I would bet there were people doing similar before that as there was no Netflicks or NASCAR.  The couple I remember seeing were one-handed, where the forearm and fist locked in like a medieval shield, requiring a stop and change of tack.   (notice - branding already established - the Chinese were on it.)

Jim

Are those available?  I have my credit card ready.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 06:13:45 AM »
https://youtu.be/xdLHnoDa06Q

This looks very in control

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 07:16:16 AM »
It looks like they put an inflatable trailing edge on that one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx6_U6LHSZE/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »
Okay, gotta call Tony, I'm tired of waiting. Otherwise I have a couple of old kites that are going to meet a grisly end.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 08:45:01 AM »
The only thing keeping me for going crazy waiting, is I tried the latest and greatest windsurf foiling gear and I’m blown away. I’m coming back to windsurf foiling after having walked away 3 years ago when it wasn’t as good as kite foiling.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 09:48:48 AM »
I just finished putting a mast track into Little Fugly. As soon as we get some wing here and I stop shaking in the cold I'm gonna go play.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »
I just finished putting a mast track into Little Fugly. As soon as we get some wing here and I stop shaking in the cold I'm gonna go play.

Bad news....I windsurf foiled a SUP for awhile. It works, but feels like shit. The foil, being forward in the board, makes it track like shit. It’s squirrelly just trying to pump the sail and go straight due to that foil placement. It uphauls terrible. It wants to spin into the wind as soon as you tug on the uphaul. The forces don’t balance out ideal once up on the foil. My wife refused to ride it. She’s a good windsurf foiler too.

Slingshot has it right. Their boards and that Infinity 76 foil balance out the forces beautifully. Combine it with the Sailworks Flyer sail...magic, easy, fun.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:19:41 AM by Dwight (DW) »

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 03:36:52 PM »

Slingshot has it right. Their boards and that Infinity 76 foil balance out the forces beautifully. Combine it with the Sailworks Flyer sail...magic, easy, fun.
The idea of having one board to do two sports is one of likable qualites of the windwings.
If the Sailworks Flyer sail could be mounted and easily used with my foilSUP it would be much more attractive than havining to buy another board, even if it's not as "simple" windwingsurfer.

It seems like it should be doable... to some degree... maybe?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:45:16 PM by Fishman »
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2019, 07:47:28 PM »
Please tell me again why I want to quit windsurfing? Those 3.2 days at the hatch aren’t fun anymore? Those nice big swells aren’t fun on just a plane old JP Wave? For the manufacturers it’s a no brainer. “ It will change your life”. Sure bet.   It will be fun to see how it shakes out.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 03:50:28 AM »
Please tell me again why I want to quit windsurfing? Those 3.2 days at the hatch aren’t fun anymore? Those nice big swells aren’t fun on just a plane old JP Wave? For the manufacturers it’s a no brainer. “ It will change your life”. Sure bet.   It will be fun to see how it shakes out.

People who foil think everyone will jump on the bandwagon and those who don’t, sit and wait not understanding the attraction. I think this is why Slingshot still has so much old gear sitting in warehouses selling dirt cheap. They are not the only ones who guessed wrong on the public adoption rate.

It’s a sport you have to do, to understand the attraction. Nothing I can say will convince you.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 04:54:27 AM »

The Hatch is basically empty in 4.7-5.0 conditions now.  Why not throw in something new?

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 05:44:05 AM »
For someone like me who did light wind-surfing and never got hooked and the idea of Kiting has the appeal of Colonoscopy, this setup looks promising.
No experience whatsoever but I'll be giving it a go very soon. Foil or not, just as in the Naish Video.
in progress...

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 09:08:20 AM »
Gripe: Instragram video sucks!  How is it possible that they have no scroll for reverse and forward.  No native link to the original video poster?  Madness.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 09:16:56 AM »
Gripe: Instragram video sucks!  How is it possible that they have no scroll for reverse and forward.  No native link to the original video poster?  Madness.

Because Facebook. Never leave the garden.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »
Facebook video is wonderful in comparison.  All of those fancy features from this decade.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal