Author Topic: Talldude surfs Nuc's break... and had fun..  (Read 2081 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Talldude surfs Nuc's break... and had fun..
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 09:37:00 PM »
Fun stuff...:)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 03:24:14 AM »
In New England we use a different spelling. We call those power plants "Nuke's".

"No Nuke's" was a very common bumper sticker in the 70's. If you were employed there, you worked at "The Nuke".
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:25:53 AM by Badger »
Jimmy Lewis Super Frank 7'6 X 31" 115L
Sunova Flow 8'10 X 31" 119L(Low volume version)
Tom Carroll Outer Reef 10'6 X 32" 165L 
Me - 6'0" - 175lbs - 62yo

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach native
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 08:11:36 AM »
In New England we use a different spelling. We call those power plants "Nuke's".

"No Nuke's" was a very common bumper sticker in the 70's. If you were employed there, you worked at "The Nuke".
I remember the stickers. We actually have / had sirens on poles around our neighborhood that are part of San Onofre's 'Kiss your ass goodbye' program. They tested them yearly. Basically like air raid sirens. I grew up with them. We also have Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base training all the time with heavy artillery right next to San Clemente. I know the sound of a 50 cal. and 105 mm Howtizer well. I think they are switching to 155 mm soon. They rattle our windows and shake are house like an earthquake. It's a daily reminder that freedom isn't free, and we support them 100%!
For those well educated people who understand what Nuklear power is. I told someone they were replacing the steam generators at San Onofre and they laughed. They said "they use Nukulir power there not steam!"  ::)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:22:08 AM by TallDude »

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »
millstone nuclear shithole (they had to close the place for years, after ruining the career of a whistle-blower---bc they were handling spent rods in the same moronic way as fukishima, along with other scary approaches to cost-saving) is 2 miles crow flight from a house i own--it's NE of me, and prevailing winds are SW, but i would have preferred it stayed closed---i believe in nuclear power, but have doubts that corporate entities can be controlled by regulators such that the corps dont poison us in pursuit of $$$$$

think im just launching with my usual bleeding heart crap?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millstone_Nuclear_Power_Plant

the continual cavalier approach to so much at milestone, and the neutered state of NRC, has been scary and appalling

it's too bad, because well-engineered, meticulously operated nuclear power could really help with our global carbon problems--but, poorly-regulated, it's just another potentially more deadly poison to pick

pick your poison!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
We have those siren poles here too. I live 11 miles from the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant in NH and there is a pole within one mile of my house. Not only does it have a siren, but they can talk over it as well. I can hear it at my house loud and clear when they test it.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seabrook_Station_Nuclear_Power_Plant

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:04:31 PM by Badger »
Jimmy Lewis Super Frank 7'6 X 31" 115L
Sunova Flow 8'10 X 31" 119L(Low volume version)
Tom Carroll Outer Reef 10'6 X 32" 165L 
Me - 6'0" - 175lbs - 62yo

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach native
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 03:07:55 PM »
All we have left are the spent fuel rods. What to do with them???? Maybe Elon Musk can figure out how to jettison them in our space trash can.