Author Topic: Talldude surfs Nuc's break... and had fun..  (Read 5840 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Talldude surfs Nuc's break... and had fun..
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 09:37:00 PM »
Fun stuff...:)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 03:24:14 AM »
In New England we use a different spelling. We call those power plants "Nuke's".

"No Nuke's" was a very common bumper sticker in the 70's. If you were employed there, you worked at "The Nuke".
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:25:53 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 08:11:36 AM »
In New England we use a different spelling. We call those power plants "Nuke's".

"No Nuke's" was a very common bumper sticker in the 70's. If you were employed there, you worked at "The Nuke".
I remember the stickers. We actually have / had sirens on poles around our neighborhood that are part of San Onofre's 'Kiss your ass goodbye' program. They tested them yearly. Basically like air raid sirens. I grew up with them. We also have Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base training all the time with heavy artillery right next to San Clemente. I know the sound of a 50 cal. and 105 mm Howtizer well. I think they are switching to 155 mm soon. They rattle our windows and shake are house like an earthquake. It's a daily reminder that freedom isn't free, and we support them 100%!
For those well educated people who understand what Nuklear power is. I told someone they were replacing the steam generators at San Onofre and they laughed. They said "they use Nukulir power there not steam!"  ::)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:22:08 AM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »
millstone nuclear shithole (they had to close the place for years, after ruining the career of a whistle-blower---bc they were handling spent rods in the same moronic way as fukishima, along with other scary approaches to cost-saving) is 2 miles crow flight from a house i own--it's NE of me, and prevailing winds are SW, but i would have preferred it stayed closed---i believe in nuclear power, but have doubts that corporate entities can be controlled by regulators such that the corps dont poison us in pursuit of $$$$$

think im just launching with my usual bleeding heart crap?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millstone_Nuclear_Power_Plant

the continual cavalier approach to so much at milestone, and the neutered state of NRC, has been scary and appalling

it's too bad, because well-engineered, meticulously operated nuclear power could really help with our global carbon problems--but, poorly-regulated, it's just another potentially more deadly poison to pick

pick your poison!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
We have those siren poles here too. I live 11 miles from the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant in NH and there is a pole within one mile of my house. Not only does it have a siren, but they can talk over it as well. I can hear it at my house loud and clear when they test it.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seabrook_Station_Nuclear_Power_Plant

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:04:31 PM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 03:07:55 PM »
All we have left are the spent fuel rods. What to do with them???? Maybe Elon Musk can figure out how to jettison them in our space trash can.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal