Author Topic: Investigations into Trump - obstruction, campaign, taxes, business, etc  (Read 28776 times)

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Hi Pono, so I guess you are a Beto Guy? 8)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile

Well that, of course, sums it up.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
……….
trump rarely gaffes--in fact he doubles down on what many on the right hope can be characterized as gaffes.

give me an example of a trump gaffe, where he concedes his statement was a gaffe--a mistake, a blunder, where he says he didnt mean what he said---forget apology--trump is not capable of apology--and he cant gaffe, bc a gaffe is a mistake, and trump cant admit mistakes--his wacko fat assed ego wont allow it.

to call trump's continual ugly statements gaffes is a manipulative mischaracterization--trump means what he says and never retracts any of it.
…...
well by golly. I can agree with what your saying here.
How about that?

Just fucking brilliant.
not bad........I liked it.

Could you see Trump leading the local Chamber of your charming little town up the road?
SNL.....
 has that been done?

.......It's fluff--no more significant than hemlines and the current lightweight pop star (except Ed Sheeran? Really??)....

Anybody see Jaggers video today?
What a bad ass.
Never really thought "bad ass" was a word I would think of to describe Mick before seeing that....

too bad half of us are a sack of hammers......
there might be hope.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
MW----from the wikilink you beamed down from wherever scotty beamed you up to:

"Several conspiracy theories exist regarding Mena Intermountain Municipal Airport, its alleged connection to the CIA, and even the involvement of figures such as Oliver North and former presidents George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton.[13][14]

The CIA's self-investigation, overseen by the CIA's inspector general, concluded that the CIA had no involvement in or knowledge of any illegal activities that may have occurred in Mena. The report said that the agency had conducted a training exercise at the airport in partnership with another Federal agency and that companies located at the airport had performed "routine aviation-related services on equipment owned by the CIA".[15]

The film American Made is a highly fictionalized telling of the story of Barry Seal, a pilot and Medellin cartel drug smuggler who based his operations in Mena.[16]"

this is the only mention of clinton in the 3 links--mueller's name does not appear.

your point?

Oh, so the spooks at the CIA told us they had no involvement? Well then it must be true! C'mon, really?

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
—Former CIA Director, William Casey
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile

Hey, his name is BOBBY!
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
ok--you have no point, apparently

fun reads-good sources---looks like there might be something there--real official looking and stuff=-but it's tough to conclude youve actually read, or even "scanned" what youve linked--cuz there's nothing there at all re clinton and/or mueller

your point seemed to be about them--did you link the wrong pieces accidentally?

give em a quick scan, youll see what i mean

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
cause there's a lot to guess about in the world--

Hey, you did ask me to respond first, to the hypothetical, and I gave you my honest "guess".  So, how do you think it would have gone if they had a chance meeting back in the day? 

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Bean=>"My guess is, as a war protester, BC would have protested Mueller.  He would have had to, if for no other reason than to convince him self of his self righteousness."

again i disagree with your guess, bean--it implies that one cant have protested the vietnam war, and not also have expressed negativity for those who served. you imply again, but what do you believe? it's ok. just say what you think. why always beat around the bush?

what i think: my sense is that most of those who protested and resisted the awful mess we made in vietnam, actually empathized with those who served. after all, it was pretty damned grisly and tragic for so many of those poor young people. i will never forget the disturbing photos in Life magazine back then. when i protest a war, a big part of my protest is that honest patriotic young americans get sent to high risk for bad dishonest reasons. I dont fault them. I respect them. I dont respect Bolton and Trump and think theyre the last people who shd be making decision about putting our awesome military folk at risk.

But here's copy of a letter clinton wrote, as a 23 yo at Oxford on a Rhodes Scholarship (a truly incredible accomplishment, on its own--that cant be bought, like kushner's harvard degree), to his ROTC contact--which was leaked to the press during the first election.

he discusses the letter and his situation during the vietnam war, as well, in an interview in feb 92 with ted koeppel--that followed the leak of the letter.

He says nothing that would indicate any distaste for those who served, and wrestled personally with his distaste for the war and for the draft, as applied to the vietnam war specifically.

I wonder what Mueller, a standup lifelong conservative republican, would say today about his experience of the vietnam war? I'd have deepest respect for his POV. Kerry too. Clinton? meh   But let's not try to invent Clinton as having negativity for those who served. Feels good to the Clinton haters I'm sure, but no basis in fact at all.

And I am anything but a Clinton lover, but gotta try to hew to reality.............
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
...it implies that one cant have protested the vietnam war, and not also have expressed negativity for those who served.
Yes, because that kind of positive sentement for our troops, which is common today, simply did not exist prior to the end of the Iranean Hostage Crisis.  Certainly, BC could have been the exception...

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
"Yes, because that kind of positive sentement for our troops, which is common today, simply did not exist prior to the end of the Iranean Hostage Crisis.  Certainly, BC could have been the exception..."

he we go again--guessing what you are trying to say....

so youre trying to say that democratic support for our military simply did not exist prior to the iran hostage episode? whaaah

or all those opposed to the vietnam war, or the korean war, or any of our wars, always had negative sentiments for those in our military? until after the iran hostage episode?

this is simply nutty fantasy---wild shit---first we're guessing what clinton thought about mueller, some 50 years ago--now were engaging fantasy that democrats and those who have opposed US wars are unpatriotic, and never had respect for our military prior to the iran hostage episode...wild!

but hey, if ive got your words wrong (and, admittedly, they are confusing to me), pls clarify

i bet many resent your POV--many protesters had friends and family who came back from vietnam dead or permanently damaged in awful ways--and it was tough to escape the terrible tragic circumstances our 18 YO soldiers were put in, for dishonest reasons at best--to say those war-protestors didnt respect or care for our boots on the ground military would offend them deeply---many had serious skin in the game: friends and family with with their lives on the line.............

and then there were hawks like pres bonespurs, and john bolton.....tough guys! what a sad joke....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:59:13 AM by eastbound »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
...so youre trying to say that democratic support for our military simply did not exist prior to the iran hostage episode?
Nope, (as you know), we are only discussing the aftermath of the Vietnam War...

But, feel free to interpret it any way you want, since this conversation is thankfully of no moment to either you or I.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
i guess you forgot what you wrote:

"Yes, because that kind of positive sentement for our troops, which is common today, simply did not exist prior to the end of the Iranean Hostage Crisis.  Certainly, BC could have been the exception..

no reference to pre or post vietnam--maybe in your mind, or some other place you posted??

tough for poor writing and citation to be of moment to anyone, even you, as you say, the writer...

say something...and say it in a way that's intelligible..so there can be discourse---you dont do discourse
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
no reference to pre or post vietnam-
We were talking about BC

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
"Yes, because that kind of positive sentement for our troops, which is common today, simply did not exist prior to the end of the Iranean Hostage Crisis.  Certainly, BC could have been the exception.."

then

"We were talking about BC"

No way, Bean. read your words carefully--YOU wrote of a general phenomenon YOU claim to have existed in the past, before the Iraq crisis--and then you allowed that Clinton might have been the exception to the general phenomenon you described (a phenomenon with nil basis in fact, btw).

tough to engage you--you cant even hew to what you yourself have written--no discourse--no mas--bye bye
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal