Author Topic: Investigations into Trump - obstruction, campaign, taxes, business, etc  (Read 28770 times)

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Another name for the witness list - Manigault Newman

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/06/omarosa-manigault-newman-claims-trump-administration-destroyed-boxes-of-mueller-related-evidence/

Trump claims the Mueller report exonerates him, but doesn't want the person who wrote it to offer an opinion on whether or not that assessment is anywhere close to accurate. Even some GOP politicians who have been backing him until now disagree with his interpretation. He wants all attempts to examine his taxes, any of his businesses, potential obstruction, the millions of dollars unaccounted for by his campaign and inquiries into the overrides of decisions on security clearances all to cease based on his assessment. Claims he has had the most successful first two years of a presidential term ever. Claims the DEMs have kept him from getting anything done with their "failed coup".
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:14:20 AM by RideTheGlide »
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Interesting, but it surely doesn’t matter? If you voted for Trump then you don’t care if he follows procedure, or even the law. You just want all undocumented workers thrown out of the country (and a lot of legal foreign ones too), and you want a leader who talks in simple sentences you can understand. And who is rich, to prove he is a “winner”, and tells you exactly what you should think and do, so you don’t have to think for yourself. And you think that people become president principally so they can screw expensive prostitutes for free, so you don’t care about that sort of stuff either - hell, you would if you had his money too, right?

The rest of the country already hates Trump about as much as they possibly can, and would view a trashcan elected as president a step in the right direction.

Or maybe I’m reading this all wrong...

I think that Trump will eventually implode. Do you think that once he’s not president any more he will just gracefully fade from sight? No way. He’ll be a vocal thorn in the side of whoever replaces him. And for that reason he’ll be silenced, one way or another, once he’s no longer got the cover of being president. His taxes will probably be his downfall, eventually, and he’ll end up in some gilded prison - to save the face of the US it won’t be actual prison, but in effect it will be. It’s not going to end well for this guy. He’s a mob boss, essentially, and I reckon he’ll meet the same end as all mob bosses, eventually.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Interesting, but it surely doesn’t matter? If you voted for Trump then you don’t care if he follows procedure, or even the law. You just want all undocumented workers thrown out of the country (and a lot of legal foreign ones too), and you want a leader who talks in simple sentences you can understand. And who is rich, to prove he is a “winner”, and tells you exactly what you should think and do, so you don’t have to think for yourself. And you think that people become president principally so they can screw expensive prostitutes for free, so you don’t care about that sort of stuff either - hell, you would if you had his money too, right?

The rest of the country already hates Trump about as much as they possibly can, and would view a trashcan elected as president a step in the right direction.

Or maybe I’m reading this all wrong...

I think that Trump will eventually implode. Do you think that once he’s not president any more he will just gracefully fade from sight? No way. He’ll be a vocal thorn in the side of whoever replaces him. And for that reason he’ll be silenced, one way or another, once he’s no longer got the cover of being president. His taxes will probably be his downfall, eventually, and he’ll end up in some gilded prison - to save the face of the US it won’t be actual prison, but in effect it will be. It’s not going to end well for this guy. He’s a mob boss, essentially, and I reckon he’ll meet the same end as all mob bosses, eventually.
I just talked to a couple over the weekend that are "normally not political"  - that's a quote that I think means they don't vote regularly or pay much attention to it if it doesn't directly affect them. Recent events have then concerned enough that they said they were going to vote to oust Trump in 2020. There are still a lot of ambivalent people that if motivated enough to vote could swing it either way depending on whether they buy into the "persecuted president" story or believe as I do that Trump is an embarrassment on the world stage and a threat to democracy at home.

Yeah, I think there are prosecutable offenses being covered up. The obstruction isn't one of them; it's out in the open:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/hundreds-former-prosecutors-say-trump-would-have-been-indicted-if-n1002436

"The letter's list of signees — 418 as of Monday afternoon — includes 29 people who have served in the Justice Department under Trump and more than 100 officials who have served in the DOJ for 20 years or more."
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Deleted my posts, Typical, and you wonder why you’re loosing

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Does the left “most on this blog” have any idea what is coming for them? I think not. Admin? pono? PDX? Area 1? RTG? et all. Liberal heads exploding. Going to be very ugly. Corruption at the very top. Do solid research. When you know what’s coming maybe you can cope better. Laugh if you can. Cheers.....

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Rider, my prediction is that we have some more hearings and then back to biz as usual.  No one has clean hands, no “heads will be exploding”.   Barr might come back, but there is nothing to gain from him.  Mueller, even if compelled to testify, can’t testify outside the scope of his report...no bombshells either way.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Calling my brother liberal is funny.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Does the left “most on this blog” have any idea what is coming for them? I think not. Admin? pono? PDX? Area 1? RTG? et all. Liberal heads exploding. Going to be very ugly. Corruption at the very top. Do solid research. When you know what’s coming maybe you can cope better. Laugh if you can. Cheers.....
What on Earth are you talking about? Please enlighten us, and share with us the source of your knowledge.

And PB a liberal? It was only a short time ago that he was (almost) dismissing the entire religion of Islam and it’s practitioners as a violence-based medieval death cult, without ever having visited a mosque, chatted to an Imam, or knowing any Muslims personally. That doesn’t sound like the actions of a liberal, does it?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Deleted my posts, Typical, and you wonder why you’re loosing

Hi Rbgar,

You are welcome to post any political ideas that you would like so long as they are not simply insults.  Your half sentence Jerk off comments add no value.  Explain your thoughts with a few sentences.   Those will always be welcomed here.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Does the left “most on this blog” have any idea what is coming for them? I think not. Admin?

No, I don't.  What is coming for us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPwuulUQpxw
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:02:41 AM by Admin »

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rider, my prediction is that we have some more hearings and then back to biz as usual.  No one has clean hands, no “heads will be exploding”.   Barr might come back, but there is nothing to gain from him.  Mueller, even if compelled to testify, can’t testify outside the scope of his report...no bombshells either way.
We may not see more than the tip of that particular iceberg but there are others and in some cases he has far less control of the narrative, and his control of the narrative on obstruction is shaky at best. The taxes and business issues are the ones I think that are most likely to lead back to him personally and that he may not be able to squash.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
With respect to his taxes, if there were indications of fraud, the IRS would have been all over it - as you know, his returns were under audit.

I would suspect his motivation for not volunteering his tax returns is that he is attempting to avoid embarrassment.  He might not be the rich uncle everyone thought he was.  He is not one to be shy about his achievement's but as everyone knows, he's a baby when it comes to admitting short comings.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Democrats requested Trump’s personal tax returns under a 1924 provision of the tax code requiring the Treasury secretary to “furnish” any individual’s tax return information to the chairs of three congressional committees “upon written request.”

checks and balances, and rule of law, seem not to concern most republicans these days

scary
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
But only if there exists a legitimate legislative purpose.

In this case "Neal predominantly grounds his request in oversight authority of the IRS, assessing whether the agency is fulfilling its duty to enforce the laws fairly against President Trump and whether to revise the laws relating to presidential tax duties."

Clearly, the stated reasons are politically motivated.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
But only if there exists a legitimate legislative purpose.

In this case "Neal predominantly grounds his request in oversight authority of the IRS, assessing whether the agency is fulfilling its duty to enforce the laws fairly against President Trump and whether to revise the laws relating to presidential tax duties."

Clearly, the stated reasons are politically motivated.
Recent testimony, past and current litigation provides ample reason to look. If there is nothing amiss, why fight it? I think congress is well within their rights to investigate overrides for security clearance. When millions of dollars of campaign money are unaccounted for, I think there is an obligation for an investigation. A skeleton in every closet, it seems...
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal