Author Topic: Any hints for Montreal trip?  (Read 4109 times)

oceanAddict

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Any hints for Montreal trip?
« on: May 05, 2019, 05:37:21 PM »
We are entertaining an idea to spend a few days in Montreal and I'm thinking to bring my iSUP. Does anyone have experience with paddling in Montreal? I see there are a lot of waterways around city, so I.sm sure there are plenty of opportunities, still some insight info would be cool. 

I've run across pretty cool river surfing video but I'm not ready for this yet. Just sharing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZbvdStFqvU
Infinity Blackfish, SIC Bullet Air Glide, Sunova Point Break #003, Sunova Soul

seadart

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Any hints for Montreal trip?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 09:39:57 PM »
My son used to live in Montreal, and his former girl friend signed us up for surf lessons on the St Lawerence.  This was using a regular fun board stand up surfing.  Although I had long boarded a bit and done a lot of kayak surfing river surfing on a short board was hard.  That being said I would encourage you to take the introductory lesson from KSF organization.  There is a very nice park and rental facility in the LaSalle Neighborhood on a fairly calm arm of the St. Lawerence with a mild rapid that is great for learning to surf.  You can also rent SUPs and paddle on the calm sections of the river.  Email the folks at KSF and tell them what you want to do and they can set you up with a rental SUP and guide you to a calm flatwater spot if that's what you want, but I would encourage you to try river surfing at least once. Here is a link to their web page ....
https://ksf.ca/surf/river-surfing-lessons/?lang=en

oceanAddict

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any hints for Montreal trip?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »
Hmm, I might consider it, thank you seadart. I def need some guidance in SUP surfing and if my wife would be OK to hang out on shore for a few hours I could go for the class. 
Infinity Blackfish, SIC Bullet Air Glide, Sunova Point Break #003, Sunova Soul

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal