Author Topic: Some silliness...  (Read 1986 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Some silliness...
« on: May 03, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »
My wife does Tai Chi ...Naaaa, that's a little too low impact for me.  She got into 'Birding'.  Boquete, Panama, E and W coastal FL with an old chum from the Canal Zone.  But, I am kinda of the attitude why purchase Skin magazines if you live in a nudist colony? ...but, I have been paying attention recently  ..and any excuse for a new diversion is a good excuse. So, here's about a 1min file from this morning.

https://wetstuff.com/6am.mp4

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Some silliness...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 12:46:40 PM »
I'll do that right after I take up Golf.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 12:54:53 PM »
Music to my ears Jim....of course that's the sound I associate with bowhunting early in the morning as the woods start to come alive and one is ever vigilant to the cracking of a twig or the slightest of sounds that could be ol' Mr. Whitetail. .....the heart quickens and the mouth salivates on the thought of fresh venison. 

But I digress....sorry.  ;)
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 08:43:38 AM »
Ya, but, Bill...   I have too many issues to take it up at this late date, but Golf is really interesting.  I was a caddy as a kid and could be just as happy on the practice tee with a 7-iron as someone doing a walkaround ...or hitting groundstrokes with a tennis racket and not keeping score.  There is something magnetic about the sounds, and watching balls head in an intended direction.

Waz'Up...   You'd like it around here.  Across the creek is a 1500-acre 'Wildlife Management Area' (a seasonal free fire zone - anything that moves is subject to elimination)  Both people on either side of me and then a roughly 3,000-acre paper company forest, divided by hunting clubs, across the street makes sure the deer population stays at as close to zero as the DNR will allow.  Everybody here is armed.  My weapons are for defensive purposes.  I used to hunt back in Wisconsin; I quit after killing a Red Tail Hawk with a .22 Savage Hi-Power at a very satisfying distance.  Later I realized; he wasn't doing anything ...I snuff'd him out. 

Jim

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »
Funny. The other day I was listening to them. Robins been back for a month or so but leaves are still not out and still a couple piles of snow left in the yard. As the sun went back and forth from behind the clouds it almost sounded like the birds were laughing when the sun poked out for a few moments. It got warm when the sun poked out and almost needed a jacket when it went behind the clouds. They definitely were louder and more of them when the sun was out with a different tone to them too. I swear they were laughing when the sun was out. Mostly robins and finches with a few other kinds scattered around without a magpie to be heard. Still a long ways away from doing anything more than paying attention when doing something else once in a while

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 09:15:19 PM »
@ Wetstuff

Tomorrow when it's daylight, have your wife take a laptop out with her to see this link below. It is a nice streaming live webcam that operates 24/7 and it has sound too.

Not much happening at night. At night, Just a few deer wander by and sometimes a raccoon is seen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdVnr1eXgAV-8NKE0Yl7kQ/live

Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »
That's cool Winger, thanks.  That's NW of us about 130 mi.  We don't have cable where we are because there are only 70 residences on our 7 mi road, so 'live' is not currently a prospect.  (Comcast wanted $2k from every residence, in advance, then charge X$ per foot from the road to home.) 

I was noticing the low resolution on the cam you linked - perhaps that is needed to broadcast live?  I have a new 4K system and better monitor to install but there are Crested Flycatchers nesting in this box at the moment.  They begin raising hell about 6 am. There's a microphone in the camera and the monitor in the kitchen so it sounds like we live outside—but, bug-free.  Here Woody came to visit.  I was lucky enough to have a camera handy.

Jim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal