Author Topic: SAD NEWS--Sunny Garcia  (Read 2279 times)

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SAD NEWS--Sunny Garcia
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 08:41:27 AM »
I have had more trouble with alcohol while off meds than on. I have currently been on meds for just over two years and haven't had a drink in just under two years. I don't even have to fight any urges; it's like magic. Coincidence? Not likely. I want to stay alcohol free because of the way the odds play out for older people with drinking problems. I also feel the urge to get off meds and have had numerous cycles of doing exactly that and pretty quickly get wild mood swings and alcohol cravings. I consciously know this and still want to believe I am better and I can stop taking meds.
2016 Naish Glide 14x30 GTW
2017 GoPlus 9'9" x 6" iSUP (generic low end all around)

LBsup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 11:07:01 AM »
I have had more trouble with alcohol while off meds than on. I have currently been on meds for just over two years and haven't had a drink in just under two years. I don't even have to fight any urges; it's like magic. Coincidence? Not likely. I want to stay alcohol free because of the way the odds play out for older people with drinking problems. I also feel the urge to get off meds and have had numerous cycles of doing exactly that and pretty quickly get wild mood swings and alcohol cravings. I consciously know this and still want to believe I am better and I can stop taking meds.
Interesting.  Im sure different type of meds effect people in different ways.  Celexa is a SSRI med which raises the serotonin level I believe similar to alcohol from what Ive read.
JL Super Frank 86 x 32
Fanatic Allwave 92
NSP Cocomat 14

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »
Interesting.  Im sure different type of meds effect people in different ways.  Celexa is a SSRI med which raises the serotonin level I believe similar to alcohol from what Ive read.
I know about SSRI meds; it's a common way that BP2 is diagnosed. I was depressed so they gave me SSRIs and they made me hypomanic instead. It's irritable impatient hypomania, which is no fun. Left to my own devices unmedicated I get depressed more often than hypo, but at least the hypomania is usually the happy puppy kind.
2016 Naish Glide 14x30 GTW
2017 GoPlus 9'9" x 6" iSUP (generic low end all around)