Author Topic: Leash recommendations?  (Read 8454 times)

WindJunkie

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leash recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 03:35:56 PM »
Right now my go to leash is a 6 foot floating dakine ankle leash.  I wish it were a little longer because I can't get as far away from the board as I would like when I crash.  I got knocked in the head once by my board.  In overhead conditions I use a 10 foot leash with some foam golf balls on the leash to help it float and prevent tangling.  I stuff the leash in my shorts to keep it from dragging and hitting the board when pumping.  I tried a coiled leash but didn't like it because it would bounce on the board annoyingly.  Since you already have a leash you could try the foam balls first.

SUPdad

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 07:43:18 PM »
So I’ve tried the 10’ coiled leash. Never had the board fly back at me but I did have it come back slowly towards my head and contact my nose on two occasions. Low speed contact but it did hurt. :o

Tried the ghetto version of the foam golf balls/corks. Wrapped a piece of foam sheet, the kind you often see used for packing stuff, with tie wraps. This works but it slides on the leash and creates a surprising amount of drag. Haven’t found the idea position for it yet. It does help but it sure would be nice if someone came out with a 9’ or so floating leash. The 6’ Dakine is too short for comfort for me.

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 08:12:25 PM »
just tie a piece of velcro to your leash midway and stitch the other side of the vecro tape to your boardshorts...voila.

Works like a charm. Never lost my shorts once yet

SUPdad

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 12:38:31 AM »
 ;D
Great idea!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal