Author Topic: Tired of my ISLE, need help choosing a stronger shorter board  (Read 4670 times)

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Tired of my ISLE, need help choosing a stronger shorter board
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
I also have a 10" x 31 Hand shape Pearson Arrow Im putting up for sale , Super nice. Not a surftech !
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

nalu-sup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 04:13:57 PM »
washingtonsurfer; I would suggest contacting supnsurf and asking if you can paddle his Sunova Creek. If so, that would be a golden opportunity to check out what length, width, and volume you are comfortable with stepping down to. Also, it is a first class board with great construction, so it might be a perfect answer for you. For what its worth, I have surfed a number of Starboards in their light construction. Yes, they are very light, but the durability was so-so, and the performance of all those that I tried ranged from just okay, to poor. I have also owned a couple of Fanatic Allwaves. The standard construction was bullet-proof but not real light, and the lightest construction is very light, but it experienced some damage. The new thinner rails on the AllWaves are definitely an improvement, but IMHO not close to the Sunova Creek in performance. At 180 lbs, that 9'4" should be a nice compromise between higher performance in the surf, and the flat water paddling that it sounds like you also want to keep.
8'7" Sunova Flow 
8'8" Sunova SP25
9'0" Elua Makani
9'0" Tabou SupaSurf 
14' SIC Bullet 2020

washingtonsurfer

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 06:48:05 PM »
Hey thanks everybody for your input I gained a whole lot of knowledge about SUP's that I can't wait to use in the future as I start buying more later on. I ended up buying the 9'4" creek from supnsurf. I love how it paddles on flat water and will see how well I like it in the surf tomorrow (I'm assuming I'll be amazed). Just so happened to live in the same town also so it worked perfect.

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 07:16:24 PM »
Great meeting you, hopefully catch a few together in the future. Enjoy the board you looked pretty comfortable on it.   :)
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 07:19:51 AM »
ENJOY YOUR CREEK! Its a great board designed by a really great guy

Aloha
JimK
Extreme Windsurfing