Stand Up Paddle > SUP General

Start of trial of Surfer assaulted by paddle boarder

<< < (2/7) > >>

Billekrub:
Surfers are so obnoxious to paddlers, and sometimes to each other.
Rarely hear of sup'ers bashing each other.
Without being there, would assume the surfer was quite threatening.
And whether or not the whole thing was simply a collision rather than a strike?

He1 said, He2 said with no video.

Pick a friend and vote innocent, and vice versa.

It all depends on the lawyer quality.

surf4food:

--- Quote from: Billekrub on April 16, 2019, 04:42:34 PM ---Surfers are so obnoxious to paddlers, and sometimes to each other.
Rarely hear of sup'ers bashing each other.
Without being there, would assume the surfer was quite threatening.
And whether or not the whole thing was simply a collision rather than a strike?

He1 said, He2 said with no video.

Pick a friend and vote innocent, and vice versa.

It all depends on the lawyer quality.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't there either, but the surfer IS a pretty well known guy around San Diego, or at least where he normally surfs.  From all the articles I've read and other threads about this case here on the zone, it looks like the paddler was the agitator.  We'll all find out more at the case unfolds.  And BTW, I have seen some pretty dick head SUP surfers.  Most (in the surf anyway) come from a traditional surfing background so they run the full gamut from mellow yellow to Lunada style local and any variation in between.

Dusk Patrol:
The thing that bugs me is that the violent dude surfs prone and standup, but the media latches on to stand up and perpetuates SUP v surfer for the sensational aspect. 

Tom:
Kevin was riding a small board that barely floats him. Paul was standing on a very large old school SUP.  There is no way that Kevin could  be threatening to Paul.

The closing arguments were today (Tuesday) it it is now in the hands of the jury.

Dusk Patrol:
I’m referring to the paddle swinger as the violent one, who surfs prone and SUP, but is focused on by the media as a SUP guy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version