Author Topic: Foiling Fiji Video  (Read 2043 times)

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
Foiling Fiji Video
« on: April 11, 2019, 01:48:05 PM »
Finally put together a video of my Epic Fiji foiling trip 6 weeks ago . Some incredible drone vision shot by Chris Percy. Impossible to get the whole trip in so just featured a few shots from my favorite places. Looks so shallow but I never hit once foiling only paddling back out and for the first time ever never got a reef cut on a surf trip. I was riding my NP front and rear on my Sup & Med front and small rear on my prone.

Kick back , relax and dream of foiling this place is foil heaven. Best watched on a bigger screen to appreciate the magnificent colors. Keep an eye out at the end for when I foil under the tower at Cloudbreak

Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

Evan Lloyd

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foiling Fiji Video
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 02:53:12 PM »
That was a lot of fun to watch.  What a beautiful spot.  I kept waiting for the foil to hit the reef because it looked so shallow. 

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 03:07:10 PM »
Dream place piros and cool ride under the watch tower  8)
That left surf break got me pump though and did you sup surf it?

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »
Tavarua Restaurants Left is an epic wave , I only had foils Sup & prone and had my butt handed to me on that wave .  I didn’t have a normal Sup it would have been great but you would need to be way further out to get on early where it was fatter , really starts to drain on the inside section.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:37:18 PM by Piros »
Von Piros Productions

red_tx

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »
Piros, Thanks a ton for sharing the video. Great footage and what a beautiful spot. One thing that I appreciate about the video is that the footage shows the takeoff. Often times in these videos, they start after the surfer is flying.

The NP wing seems effortless with that board/wave etc.
Is it this wing?
https://www.neilpryde.com/collections/foils/products/glide-surf

What are the specs on the standup board?
Thanks again for sharing.
-red

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 10:30:38 AM »
Great Video Piros.  As Usual.

Remind us again what the rig is on the nose aka what camera are you using for the back-shots. 

Surprising how short the stick is for that perspective.  Might have to keep up with the Jones'  8)

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 05:19:01 PM »
Thanks for props much appreciated. Red the board is 6-8 x 26 -96 litres and yes that is the foil I had the large wing front and back on the Sup.

Beasho the cam is the Garmin Virb 360 mounted on a broken paddle shaft . I use the Gopro white round surfboard mounts front and back of the board and just switch the camera after a few waves . You don’t want a pole too strong because you do take the camera out on big falls.
Von Piros Productions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal