Author Topic: Skaters vs. haters  (Read 2716 times)

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Skaters vs. haters
« on: April 14, 2019, 08:08:01 AM »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Skaters vs. haters
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
I hope the 14 Million views were worth it.  Skaters laughing at hurting kids?  They found the only handful of skaters that would buy into that.  This is about selling conflict, not about skating.  These click bait, inflammatory, no ethos videos should be the first to go.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:19:18 PM by Admin »

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 12:06:50 PM »
Heroin users can freak'n skate! All they need is a rail in a busy public space, a GoPro, and some Narcan. Stupid public....
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 11:39:19 PM »
It's simple...if you think its OK/cool to skate in public places where there is a good chance you might injure someone else by your actions you're a fucking idiot. It's one thing when nobody is around but all I saw were entitled tools acting like assholes.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 01:11:01 AM »
Ethics and morals go out the window when YouTube pays you good money for videos, and there is no shortage of people who are willing to risk anything to be in the video. They could get hurt, they could hurt someone else, they might get arrested but none of that matters as long as you get the shot.

Successful YouTubers usually produce one or two videos a week and make tens of thousands a year doing it.             

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 08:27:27 AM »
this stuff doesnt really get me too worked up---tho if my kid got knocked down i might get worked up

try this crap tho--scary:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/

bums me out bc it plays right into the hands of racists and hiphop haters--and, yes, there are some bad hiphop people.....

it's the new thing---dont intervene to help someone being damaged by another--get it on video and post it--the more damage the better!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 08:55:33 AM »
this stuff doesnt really get me too worked up---tho if my kid got knocked down i might get worked up

bums me out bc it plays right into the hands of racists and hiphop haters--and, yes, there are some bad hiphop people.....

it's the new thing---dont intervene to help someone being damaged by another--get it on video and post it--the more damage the better!

The hiphop thing is hard to navigate. 

Nipsey Hustle (RIP) is a great example.  Here is a guy who was doing a lot in his community and if you looked at some of his actions you would find a lot to applaud.  He is being treated like a fallen hero but the constant message of his music is still thug life.  I can't see how it benefits the black community to embrace this.  Granted, this is white frat music now as well (which is comical) and it is the single best selling genre right now. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4LsQ_kdLh0&list=RD_4LsQ_kdLh0&start_radio=1

And that is not the worst of it.  The new generation of mumble rappers is disorienting.  I like to be open minded, but I don't get it.  A 1/4 Billion views.   Rest with that a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfK7dei7ec
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:58:34 AM by Admin »

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »

I found the little kid getting knocked down the least offensive of the videos. Skatepark....shit happens...dumb move by the skaters but that's the environment Mom or Dad brought the kid to.

The idiots sticking their feet out to trip up and potentially hurt the skaters are tools also but I can understand the anger. I don't have issues with skaters in public places doing what they do, in fact I like seeing the tricks, except when they keep other people from being able to safely use those spaces for what it was intended.

There are idiots in every group....hip hop has serious issues, the whole thug life idea bothers me. I'm not sure which video you were referring too...but that Case 19 Josiah Feat vid had me wanting to get funky and angry dance..... :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 02:16:06 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 02:32:01 PM »
if you scroll around, stones, youll see some vicious stuff--not cool to celebrate it.....
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 06:02:03 PM »
I actually like some hip hop/rap but I definitely don't get the whole thug life thing, tho as a 57 year old white guy I get that I'm not supposed to get it. 
I would be sort of a hypocrite to condemn it because over the years I have listened to my fair share of offensive material performed by artists whose sole purpose was to offend for the sake of offending and rile people up for no other reason other than than doing so for the sake of doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7IVeciuudA
Lee Ving is pushing 70 and is still at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZD1hn-4GA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVxqN4rg1c

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:04:41 PM by surf4food »

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »
As to the skaters, yeah the guys in here are a bunch of stupid punks.  I can relate to some degree because I was no angel and I DO think the way they were messing with the security guards is kind of funny.  Been there done that but glad to be long past it.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 07:01:17 PM »
i have no issue with any art of any kind--if i dont like it ill look away---and i enjoy lots of hip hop---but the posting of vicious violence for sport disgusts me
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 04:05:50 AM »
I actually like some hip hop/rap but I definitely don't get the whole thug life thing, tho as a 57 year old white guy I get that I'm not supposed to get it. 
I would be sort of a hypocrite to condemn it because over the years I have listened to my fair share of offensive material performed by artists whose sole purpose was to offend for the sake of offending and rile people up for no other reason other than than doing so for the sake of doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7IVeciuudA
Lee Ving is pushing 70 and is still at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZD1hn-4GA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVxqN4rg1c

I was totally into that music back in the day and I turned out alright, but I had some friends who took on the decadent anarchistic lifestyle and destroyed themselves, sometimes acting out violent behavior in the process. It's not the music that is bad, it's the group mentality that takes hold of some people that is dangerous. The lifestyle becomes their identity and they follow it like robots.

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 04:18:34 AM »
It is possible to be open minded about expression and still see a huge problem with community leadership adding credibility to artists that are glorifying and even enticing gun violence through their music.  This is very different from some of the other mentioned forms in that the thousands of gang shooting deaths each year in these communities are real.  Add Nipsey to that list. 

I ain't nothing like you fucking rap niggas
Hussle man a shooter that's a fact, nigga
Thirty-two extendos in my MAC, nigga
Spend a thousand on some t-shirts up at Saks, nigga
German plates with sheepskin on my mats, nigga
Murder rate increasing if I snap, nigga

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 04:57:17 AM »
i like to be loose with censorship--but when people motivate and incite violence and they have a big audience/fan base, i have a problem--it's a conundrum--where do you draw the line?  do cop and robber shows incite? do video games? in the 60's 70's soul music was vilified as perverted and immoral.......

but yeah, inciting violence is bad---too bad our president doesnt get that---i hope omar doesnt get offed by some trump thug/moron................
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal