Author Topic: QUESTIONS ABOUT PORTAL PHANTOM  (Read 1820 times)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT PORTAL PHANTOM
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »
did they install the pad?
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

surfsupla

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 09:06:42 PM »
I installed the pad. As usual whenever i get a new board i have not been able to get out as much as i have liked. Busy work schedule and skating injury. But i have surfed it twice and it is amazing. It flies down the face of the wave. Tracks really straight. Turns amazingly well. Is stable. Looks bitching. And is not that heavy (i opted for the extra glass schedule and carbon wrapped rails). In the two sessions ive had on it ive been really impressed. I took a few late drops the first day i had it out and it just went.

I got the 83x29.5x4.5 board. I love the stepped rails. The tail and nose are really just perfect. And it has the perfect amount of rocker. This board is an inch narrower than the board im coming off from, and even with the stepped rails it still floats me really well. I have no complaints about it at all  I can turn around and paddle after a wave and it goes over the foam great. I can roam around the break and chase waves down from the outside still. I want to get this board out in bigger and better surf but dont we all. Lol. For reference i am 200lbs and about 59.

Turn around time from erik at portal was great and he was super communicative throughout the process. Ill try to post a more in depth review after i have spent some serious time on it but i am stoked on it!!

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 01:00:45 PM »
you did a nice job---far better than i with my barra---mine looks awful, but works great---and the board is amazing---feels all shortboardy, even on junk waves, and on bigger stuff, if there's a problem, it's not the board--the thing rips

enjoy--looks gorgeous, all of it, incl the shape--i bet it'll own you after a clean head high day................

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT