Author Topic: Any feedback on the Blurr V2  (Read 3597 times)

FastEddie

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Any feedback on the Blurr V2
« on: April 07, 2019, 05:18:10 PM »
Hi,
Looking to see if anyone got their hands on one of the new production Infinity Blurr V2  boards?  I’m on the edge and want to hear how others like it before putting in an order.  I love the pin tail on my 9x28 New Deal and hope it’s just as good on the V2.  I usually ride 100L boards and it puts me dead smack between the 7’11” and the 8’2”.  I owned a 2016 Starboard pro 7’7”x27”@95L so though the 7’11 comes in at 90L I think the step rail and flat deck will give me that extra stability to make it work.  Was also reading that it’s better to be under volume with the step rails to gain stability.  So does anyone have some feedback on this board you can post.

Thanks

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Any feedback on the Blurr V2
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 06:33:16 AM »
I was going to a a review after a while, but here you go.

Am the proud and delighted owner of an 8'5" x 30.5" x 120 liter V2 Blurr.

Turns hard off the bottom, carves really well on the open face, and doesn't stick coming off the top.

Have been on a balance training program as 30.5" wide is my new limit.

A much higher level of performance than my 8'5" RNB which is exactly what I wanted.

Will do a more complete review after a couple of sessions in clean water.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

supnorte

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP Norte
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 07:55:48 AM »
I have the Blurr V2 7'8 x 25.5" with 79.5 liters. I'm 1,80 and around 73 kgs (plus wetsuit). My previous board was the B-Line 7'11 x 27" (85 or 86 liters).

Before I started surfing with Infinity boards I used to ride the Starboard 7'7 x 27" (volume kept changing every year) and I made a leap of faith when I went for the B-Line. But despite having less 10 liters the B-Line was a very stable board and I used it in all conditions (even with strong winds and mushy conditions).

I made another leap of faith now to the Blurr 7'8 (less volume, much narrower boards and a thinner nose). It was very tough the first couple of sessions but now I'm getting more and more comfortable, almost as much as with the bigger B-Line.

Also, as @mrbig said, I love that tail because of the New Deal (I had surfed with it a few times) and it gives you a lot of control on turns enabling you to press harder on the rails and tail on the turns and the surfboard-like nose also helped me a lot in critical lip situations.

So, with your weight and experience with the SB 7'7 I would say that the B-Line 7'11 would be a better choice.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 08:54:10 AM »
Fast Eddie, width dims on my 8'5' - nose 16.75, wide point 30.5", and 19.0 at the tail.

You are down in a length and literage world that will remain a mystery to me!

SupNorte has experience that is directly transferable to you.

When I went to pick up my board at KDOG'S he had a  much smaller V2 for a customer in NH.

I was going to measure nose and tail, but the dude from NH had grabbed his board.

Besides KDOG had some amazing Maui Coffee and I was wired up! Measurements would have been suspect!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

FastEddie

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »
Thanks MrBig.  It was your advice that got me onto the New Deal to start with :) I still need to get my 8" center to go single fin on that board.  I do like how the New deal flows off the top effortlessly in a hard carve. 

Thanks supnorte.  I have a Bonzer shaped SUP today so don't want to go with the BLine just yet as I love it and its my growler for now.  I also love that New Deal tail so that being said is it the 7'11 @ 90L or do I go to the 8'2 @ 109L?
Im thinking from your response that if you would have gone to the 90L instead of the 80L V2 it would have been closer to the Starboard 7'7"

Thanks again

supnorte

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP Norte
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 10:25:37 AM »
I also love that New Deal tail so that being said is it the 7'11 @ 90L or do I go to the 8'2 @ 109L?
Im thinking from your response that if you would have gone to the 90L instead of the 80L V2 it would have been closer to the Starboard 7'7"

Thanks again

What I meant is that these boards are stable and that with your weight and being used to the SB 7'7 you won't find it difficult to adapt to the Blurr 7'11 with 90 liters. it will probably be more stable than the SB 7'7.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal