Author Topic: Biden Olfactory Syndrome  (Read 13253 times)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Olfactory Syndrome
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2019, 10:37:49 AM »
fake news that you devoured hook line and sinker:

"The improved economy, the improved unemployment rates including all minorities, the elimination of the ISIS califate, the improved stock market"

you forgot about the solution of the world's problems with No Korea!! i could go on, believe me.......

bon appetit!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »
fact: most repubs are ok with trump--despite his incredible, continual lying and transgressions--nothing absurb in my citation of these poll-based facts---

do you have any facts, weasel, that say otherwise? 

anecdotally, for example, youre good with trump, weasel,  and you plan to vote again for him, right?  and you think most of the bad stuff about trump and his cronies is fake news--youve made that crystal clear--bravo for writing skills!!
For me it's much more about accomplishments than it is personality.  There comes a point, of which we have reached, for me and his base, that the accomplishments far outweigh any perceived shortcomings of his personality.  The improved economy, the improved unemployment rates including all minorities, the elimination of the ISIS califate, the improved stock market, and trying like hell to improve border security, despite no help from congress.  They think they have more important things to do, which is total BS.

Focus on his personality all you want, as does the mainstream media, but in the words of James Carvel, "it's the economy stupid", it was true when he said it, and it's still true today.  Maybe that will help you understand this little anecdotal poll here on this site.  Speaking of which, more names should be added to that poll, there are now 17 candidates vying for the dems candidacy. 
You could do yourself a big favor by listening to Laura Logan as well as what Ted Coppell have to say about today's mainstream media, they are agenda driven now, not news driven.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWZtYSPyPig

Ted Koppel is obviously right, but he's being right about something that everyone already knows. Is there someone in a cave somewhere who thinks today's media is unbiased? But you seem like a rational conservative Weasel, is there anything you've seen Trump doing that actually delivered those results? I laugh just as hard at the democrats claiming great gains in the economy from President Obama. Cutting corporate taxes is great, but it could have been done in a way that delivered across the board benefits, not just a freebie that increased the deficit and debt. Do you really believe that in any way he's doing anything for the betterment of the country and our people?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 02:46:26 PM »
Yes, I already mentioned them, and I'm a conservative/libertarian to be more precise.

Then EB brings up the Norks, OMG, that hasn't been solved yet!  So I guess he considers Trump a complete failure, because of that, and the other things he didn't feel like taking the time to list, whatever they are.
Seen any missiles being fired by the Norks lately EB?  Any other POTUS talk to little Kim face to face?  I do think Trump should have called an end to the Korean war during their last meeting, that would have been considered a give.  The NK USA relationship is better now than it has been for decades, which really isn't saying much, but it's something.
Trump is not perfect, but he has improved the important things that really matter to the people of this country.  He's an outsider, many don't like that, but that is what got him elected.
Why are some of the dem candidates pushing for reparations all of a sudden, after what 250 years?  They can see they are loosing the blacks due to their unemployment rate going down to historic lows, so they have to offer them something to regain their loyalty, money.
People can and will continue to bash Trump all they want, but what have they got to replace him with?
I think that independent CEO from Starbucks comes the closest, but he's an independent, so he probably has no chance.

BTW, I know Koppel is spelled with a K and one L, I'm human, just like our POTUS, and everyone else here.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:54:31 PM by Weasels wake »
It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2019, 03:24:30 AM »
got you--you think trump's done well with no korea--i hear you loud and clear

OMG!

i dont measure trump in success or failure--there is no real success, and any comment he makes about anything risks being a self-serving brazen lie much of the time.

name another "win" that youve consumed of the fake news and lies that are continually perpetuated by trump--ask otto's family about trump's success in no korea

OMG that poor kid got sent home in a coma, and Trump's talking lover-boy with Kim--ya look at that accomplishment!

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2019, 04:21:44 AM »
Kim has played Trump like a fiddle. As it was obvious he would: Kim is smarter.

But it is - probably - better that the US and North Korea are talking. Assuming it goes somewhere. Otherwise Trump has legitimised a very unpleasant tyrant. Or perhaps I should say *another* very unpleasant tyrant.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2019, 07:15:54 AM »
Kim has played Trump like a fiddle. As it was obvious he would: Kim is smarter.

But it is - probably - better that the US and North Korea are talking. Assuming it goes somewhere. Otherwise Trump has legitimised a very unpleasant tyrant. Or perhaps I should say *another* very unpleasant tyrant.

He is also making overtures to Sudan.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2019, 11:54:55 AM »
"was it her plan or was it all part of the script" - I am not sure I have ever seen a more blatant false dichotomy.

Why would you say that?

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2019, 12:44:15 PM »
"was it her plan or was it all part of the script" - I am not sure I have ever seen a more blatant false dichotomy.

Why would you say that?

Because it reads like the only two answers are the same answer.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2019, 01:04:49 PM »
That's an interesting interpretation RTG.  But no, I merely questioned whether she planed the "presentation" herself or if it had been scripted by somone else.  So, not a blatant false dichotomy.  (Not that I'm above a little blatant false dichotomy here and there.) ;D

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2019, 01:22:54 PM »
got you--you think trump's done well with no korea--i hear you loud and clear

OMG!

i dont measure trump in success or failure--there is no real success, and any comment he makes about anything risks being a self-serving brazen lie much of the time.

name another "win" that youve consumed of the fake news and lies that are continually perpetuated by trump--ask otto's family about trump's success in no korea

OMG that poor kid got sent home in a coma, and Trump's talking lover-boy with Kim--ya look at that accomplishment!
I already know you think Trump's efforts in N. K. are a failure, I guess you felt that it needed repeating, along with trying to take the advantage of an innocent's death.
*Worst POTUS ever!!!!  And that alone proves it!*

A detail you may want to consider, the relationship N. K. had with Obama, Otto was arrested on 1/23/16, just 3 days after Trump was sworn in, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison, you know the rest of the sad story.  Don't try to blame the entire story on Trump...…….. okay try to, for a third time, I no longer care.

It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2019, 01:52:47 AM »
only blame is that trump put up a bunch of tough talk about otto at first, then threw it all to the wind for his loverboy act--disgraceful

how 'bout the kids in cages? where we then drug 'em cuz they get upset? all crying and shit! that'll teach those rapists and drug dealers to stay out of here.

is this another accomplishment?

or is this something about "personality" that you overlook??
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2019, 08:06:38 AM »
Weasel...  Trump had no more to do with that Warmbeir fellow than the two hikers snagged by the Taliban in Afganistan and held for 5yrs.  Like them, Warmbier was a simple-minded fellow who, also like Timothy Treadwell in Alaska, 'lived with grizzlies'  ...and paid for their ignorances.  Warmbier's parents should have asked the State Dept. to withhold his passport.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2019, 07:22:43 AM »
reality check re trump, otto warmbier, and otto's parents:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/politics/donald-trump-otto-warmbier-kim-jong-un/index.html

just one of many examples of our ignorant simple-minded president in action

trump has everything to do with this story--he shoved himself deep in and made a fool of himself and us

trump clumsily tried to use the poor warmbier family in some cheap idiotic political backpedal scheme

yep no korea is one of trump's crown accomplishments

second only to the caging/jailing of little children.......makes me a proud american...feels so great again

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2019, 08:08:48 AM »

yep no korea is one of trump's crown accomplishments

You mean clown achievements...hey wait, which side am I on again?

It is possible that we are moving in the right direction with North Korea, but it is scary to say the least.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2019, 09:39:41 AM »
It is possible that we are moving in the right direction with North Korea, but it is scary to say the least.
With opposing views (whether on a forum or on foreign policy) having a dialogue is always better than just sitting stewing, pointing fingers at one another; but wrt foreign policy, each person talking has to understand the history, interests, goals, and character of the other to reach whatever "fair" compromise or agreement between the two.

When one person prides themself in not reading, understanding, or caring about those above mentioned points, and believes that schmoozing, bribes, deception, intimidation, or some combination of those will get the job done is what should concern all those potentially effected by the outcome of the talks.

It's not just a coincidence that the term "Information is power" was coined, and unfortunately Trump himself stated that he's not interested in information, and would rather rely on his staff (namely Kelly and Mattis at the time) to determine "If something should change, let us know".

Which I guess is/was OK when he had "handlers" who did have a clue wrt world politics and affairs, but when Trump doesn't like what they tell him, or chooses to willfully, arrogantly, and haphazardly go against the "intelligence" being presented to him to the point of being played like a cheap fiddle by just about anyone around him who has equal (or some might say greater) power over him...to the point that his "advisers" become fed up with his BS, and leave for their own sanity...giving many of us great concern, and reservation with what this guy says, and does to other world leaders who make him look like a puppet on their lap - with their hand up his arse making him talk - with how they play him so well (Jong-un included).

So yes, reestablishing a dialogue with NK is moving in the right direction...but having Trump (or even Trump directed Pompeo) doing it is as you say, much more "scary to say the least". 

Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal