Author Topic: Spot Check PT2, California 2019  (Read 2657 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Spot Check PT2, California 2019
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:24:48 PM »
Sorry for my recent absentee-ism. Been benched for four weeks now w/a bum shoulder. Longest stretch in a while.
But the video edit from the last three days of my Feb CA trip is in the can now.
Hope ya like, Zoners.

https://youtu.be/pNpt1MHoJRc
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:13:33 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Spot Check PT2, California 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 07:49:19 PM »
Thanks Cookie,

Very good surfing. Some amazing steep drops. Great road trip. Thanks for posting.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 08:46:33 PM »
I like your road trips.  ;) Another fine video.

As always, thanks for sharing.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 03:12:39 AM »
seems you had nice waves daily for much of your trip, cookie---enjoyed watching!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 03:19:50 AM »
Nice video Marc!  Cool you hooked up with Bryce, I knew him when he lived in nj, always looked forward to his photo posts on fb.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 04:54:11 AM »
Such a nice way to start the day with a good stoke vid 8) Thanks cookie.
in progress...

digger71

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 06:50:12 AM »
Good stuff Cookie!  Thanks for bringing the SoloShot - gotta get one of those things.  Love the screengrab of that big close out

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 08:10:33 AM »
Rhythm and Resin Cookie. Dig the soundtrack. I think I recognized a standard riff mixed into your jam. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »
Killer video -- makes me want to get out of the northeast for a while. Maybe next winter I'll head out to visit people in NoCal. What are the dims of the blue board that you are riding?  Looking agile out there!
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 04:49:34 PM »
That was a great video. Smooth style.

I really want a Soloshot, but most of the places I surf, there's no where to put it... Might have to hire a cameraman LOL.

I never really clicked with longboards. Had a 9'0" performance shape I'd take my kids out on where they were little, but that was it. Now that I'm on a SUP, suddenly my favorite boards are the 9' and 10' performance longboards. The smooth style, walking back and forth to trim it, being out on the nose (not hanging yet...). I love all of it, and love watching it.   

Carlsbad_SUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to put that video together, very nice. Makes me want to catch some waves!

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 08:11:29 PM »
Wow! Very cool everyone is diggin' the vid. I'm quite pleased w/the input. You guys are stokin'!
Great road trip.
I like your road trips.

lol...It was a trip from the NJ to CA. I took advantage of United Airlines lowered board bag fees. Only $40US ea/way. I really wanted to take advantage of that after all these yrs paying crazy bucks to fly w/boards.
Now that I think of it I REALLY wish I'd put that in my edit..uhh duh?!

seems you had nice waves daily for much of your trip
Definitely...The first couple days were on and off rain but then it was seven days in a row of waves for me.

Cool you hooked up with Bryce, I knew him when he lived in nj, always looked forward to his photo posts on fb.
Wow! Not surprised. You guys are solid surfers! I first met Bryce in 2008. Then we road tripped to Nova Scotia in summer 2015. Great shotgun partner.

Such a nice way to start the day with a good stoke vid
Nice to hear...Burchas is a super cool user name...what's up w/that. It has a Hindu kina sound.

Thanks for bringing the SoloShot. Love the screengrab of that big close out
No prob. Thanx for taggin' up. Your surfing definitely adds some zip to my vid. That custom King's sup is unreal. That is a gnarly closeout. Closeout o' the day mahn!

Rhythm and Resin Cookie. Dig the soundtrack. I think I recognized a standard riff mixed into your jam. 
Not surprised you like the riffs, now that I was actually in your house and checked out all that music gear. Kinda glad you locked your keys in your car that day, Matt!

Killer video -- makes me want to get out of the northeast for a while. Maybe next winter I'll head out to visit people in NoCal. What are the dims of the blue board that you are riding?  Looking agile out there!

Always stokes me to hear one of my vids inspires someone to srf or travel. Warms my heart. Thanx, SS. Thanx for that agile comment too.
That blue sup is an 8'0" Assassin by Cannibal. I got it June 2014 and it's been my go to for the whole time. Thing is bullet proof! I did a GoPro demo vid first time i rode it. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdpRgGCWQAg&t=6s

That was a great video. Smooth style.
I really want a Soloshot, but most of the places I surf, there's no where to put it... Might have to hire a cameraman LOL.
I never really clicked with longboards. Had a 9'0" performance shape I'd take my kids out on where they were little, but that was it. Now that I'm on a SUP, suddenly my favorite boards are the 9' and 10' performance longboards. The smooth style, walking back and forth to trim it, being out on the nose (not hanging yet...). I love all of it, and love watching it.
Thanx Oki. I really like to hear the words "Smooth style". It's definitely something for us to strive for. Don't seem to remember you on here. Cool user name. Curious what your terrain and topography are like that inhibit the SS setup. I would like to see some vid of you longboarding! So cool that there are WAY more surfers w/SS's these days.

Thanks for taking the time to put that video together, very nice. Makes me want to catch some waves!
No prob.  8)  Thanx for watching and commenting. It made me smile.
That Ponto lngbrd sesh in the first segment was the first time for me at that spot. Was cool to finally surf Carlsbad. No go surfing!  :)

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Mahi

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 03:00:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing..... Love your videos
Naish Mana 9'5"
Starboard Pocket Rocket 8'5"
King's Super Simmons 8'6"

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »
Great job as usual on your content. Thanks again.
Make paddleboarding great again!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal