Author Topic: Pono surf  (Read 2307 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Pono surf
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:44:00 PM »
No epic surf yet for this Maui visit but it's always fun catching some waves with my brother.....of course the warm air, sunshine and water above 40 degs helps but I always especially enjoy sharing a wave with the guy that got me started....:)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

808sup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Pono surf
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 12:02:59 AM »
Didn’t know you were coming. There were some small waves in the harbor this afternoon. Better for foiling. Hope your visit is an enjoyable one. I did see Bill and his rig on my way home and waved as I passed. Maybe you were with him. I hope to meet you sometime while you’re here. Aloha

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 05:54:43 AM »
R&R for B&B...... nice, have fun boys!

Bobby, don't come home till the rock warms up.... you have earned some sunny days  :)

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »
Awesome Stoney...have fun!!!! 

Look forward to any surf action eye candy!!!!

8) 8) 8)
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 07:12:07 AM »
sounds bromantic!!

enjoy, babbro's
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 08:06:05 AM »
Good times. Any surf in Hawaii is good surf. Bob trunk'n it :)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 11:38:38 PM »
I was with him. We surfed Kanaha and the harbor yesterday. Bumpy choppy waist to chest at Kanaha but I had a blast and some nice long rides....warm and of course trunks...:)

Today we started at Ka'a but my head was a bit sideways and it was kind of oily bumpy and very shifty, that always causes me problems. Head high or so outside. The foils were flying all over. Bill got some nice rides outside but I managed just one ...even that I felt out of control. Then I got tagged when I went deer in the headlights when one suddenly popped up just outside me. I decided to go back to the beach to re-calibrate my head....actually works sometimes. Collected a bunch of driftwood that I'm going to bring back with me. Bill came in and we chatted with the local crew for a bit then left and checked the harbor. Small...left and got donuts...:) on the way to the west side.

Surfed 1,000 peaks for a couple hours. Thigh to waist and clean...beautiful day. Went down to Puamana and paddled from there to the breakwall into some stiffening winds. Had lunch at the Pacifica and had a nice downbreezer back. It was chest high at Puamana but we were both toast. caught one wave and called it a day.

Camera got sunscreen on it...and even a chunk of my thumb.... 8)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 02:32:29 PM »
Hopefully you're staying a while? Free place to stay, free surf, board shorts, no summer crowds, all good.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
Proof that I can still stand on a surf SUP, though I did fall a lot. Foiling hosed my surfing chops. Came back pretty quickly and we had fun. The Restaurant is Pacific O. Pacifica is candles and cosmetics, owned by some really nice folks that have a house in the gated community at Rincon.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal