Author Topic: Quickblade Trifecta Vector Net  (Read 4526 times)

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quickblade Trifecta Vector Net
« on: March 11, 2019, 08:00:13 PM »
both are vector net blade size 86sq (blue/white & red/yellow). One is oval tapered carbon shaft and the other round tapered carbon shaft.

the negative - it is a very expensive paddle.
Would I buy another quickblade, yes one day and it would be the vdrive.

the reason I choose this hybrid combo of vector net blade with tapered carbon shaft is that I wanted more flex than full carbon paddle.

I use the tapered round shaft on flatwater/calm/surf race board and the oval tapered shaft on down breeze/long distance race board. Both oval & round shaft cut to 72 inches, the round weight 410g and oval 500g.

the grip is a preference thing, the T shape handle does give you a feeling of a better grip on the handle. The quickblade palm handle is one of the best as some are bulky or wrong shape.

the water entry and exit of the blade is butter/smooth it just feels good though at 80kg the 86sq blade is not the most powerful. Is it because of the high aspect shape or the vector net flex material and I could do with the next size up 96sq blade though my body may not like it long term.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:28:13 PM by JEG »

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Quickblade Trifecta Vector Net
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 02:36:03 AM »
The Trifecta rewards good technique. If you get sloppy it will slip. If you don’t, it’s got plenty of hold. I have Trifectas and vdrives in all the offered blade sizes. I now use pretty much exclusively the 71 blade vdrive. It never slips, and yet isn’t too hard on the body, and it still works when I get sloppy. If QB made a 61 Vdrive I’d get that: it’s so easy to get a good catch that I don’t think even that small would slip even at full power.

I’m now using my 86 Trifecta for surfing, funnily enough. I know it seems like a strange choice but it works for me, and is a similar blade to the Black Project surf paddle.

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:53:01 AM »
The Trifecta rewards good technique. If you get sloppy it will slip. If you don’t, it’s got plenty of hold. I have Trifectas and vdrives in all the offered blade sizes. I now use pretty much exclusively the 71 blade vdrive. It never slips, and yet isn’t too hard on the body, and it still works when I get sloppy. If QB made a 61 Vdrive I’d get that: it’s so easy to get a good catch that I don’t think even that small would slip even at full power.

I’m now using my 86 Trifecta for surfing, funnily enough. I know it seems like a strange choice but it works for me, and is a similar blade to the Black Project surf paddle.

Interestingly enough- I was looking at this paddle a bit after a recommendation from Blue Zone SUP in CR. I really like a smaller blade paddle now, and smaller shaft actually (I'm on a Rip Stick 79 for surfing). The only issue I have is that I'm getting some elbow pain, and the coach down there had the same issue with other, stiffer paddles and recommended the QB Vector Net with Oval shaft. Any other opinions?

I hate to swap out paddles every 6 months, but I've found that I definitely prefer a smaller blade (it took a long time to get to that conclusion, now I just need one that has a bit of flex for my elbow).
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 09:02:20 AM »

Interestingly enough- I was looking at this paddle a bit after a recommendation from Blue Zone SUP in CR. I really like a smaller blade paddle now, and smaller shaft actually (I'm on a Rip Stick 79 for surfing). The only issue I have is that I'm getting some elbow pain, and the coach down there had the same issue with other, stiffer paddles and recommended the QB Vector Net with Oval shaft. Any other opinions?

I hate to swap out paddles every 6 months, but I've found that I definitely prefer a smaller blade (it took a long time to get to that conclusion, now I just need one that has a bit of flex for my elbow).

The QB VDrive vector net 71 is a good choice. I personally didn't like the their oval tapered shaft and changed it to all carbon flyweight shaft. It made a huge difference paired with
my Trifecta 86. Very comfortable and flexible if you really want to protect your joints. If you're not too heavy of a guy, this shaft will support you even though it's geared towards lightweights.
I've had it for 2 years and used it everywhere with no issues. If you happened to like their oval tapered, it's a good choice and probably more mainstream.
in progress...

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:05:30 AM »

I have also been going toward smaller and sold my paddles over 82 sqi in size. I am using a Blackfish Salish 71 for down-winding. It takes a little bit of adjustment but I like it.
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:43:52 PM »
the trifecta blade shape is good at feathering, it taps and grabs and goes. It's easy on your shoulder for those none technical ppl and rewards those technical ppl. It doesn't have that anchor feel and great for long distance and surprisingly great at surfing and I heard Travis likes it on down breeze/downwind at Maliko.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 03:58:31 PM »
BTW, I wouldn't shy away from the V Drive Hybrid. It might be slightly heavier but it will work just as well
maybe even better in your case as it has more flex. You get to cut down on the price as well.
in progress...

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
I saw that new vdrive hybrid, looks interesting and the price is ok.
Talking about flex, I'm currently testing a quickblade design paddle with fiberglass shaft and fiberglass blade with carbon palm handle. It looks like a kanaha blade but in a slightly high aspect shape. It weighs around 560g and cut to 72.5inches. I'll do a review in a few months after a surf and downwind sesh.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 08:42:49 PM »
...with carbon palm handle...

I guess they had to throw carbon somewhere in there ;D
Let us know what you think (with pictures if possible)
in progress...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal