Author Topic: Foiled my guts out today  (Read 1499 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Foiled my guts out today
« on: March 01, 2019, 06:41:11 PM »
I went by Ka'a point at 6:30 and saw a pumping mess, but no wind. I almost paddled out into the maelstrom but decided to look at the harbor. Big clean waves, no wind. Blue sky and sunshine. Holy crap!

I went out on my M200 but quickly determined that the waves were really punchy, and I was going to get killed if I stayed on the M200, so I went in and switch to the Iwa, and had a blast for three hours. Love the Iwa. I turns better, it's fast as hell with my weight on it, and I felt that I had much better control. Not quite enough control with my wobbly legs for the sea of heads that were starting to show up everywhere though. So I took a long break and sat in sun, Talking with Dave K, Chris P. and a host of foiling and surfing friends. I decided I couldn't leave to eat. If I do that when I get back I'm even more tired and the wind always comes up. It's too easy to justify quitting. So I went back out and had an even better session until about 1:30. I got in and discovered Headmount had been trying to reach me. I called and discovered he was at the phone store, getting a replacement iPhone. He had the larger tail for my foil, which is something I've been wanting to try. I think I went too far shortening my stabilizer. So I hung out and waited for him to come by, and then I had to go out and try it. Especially since Devin and Ralph showed up to foil. So I went back out and foiled until about 3:00. Roughly eight hours of foiling not including the breaks, which were fairly long. I feel surprisingly good after all that, even though when I got to the boat ramp to walk out of the water after the last session my legs were so tired the ramp felt like I was climbing Everest.

Beautiful day, great waves, good friends, and now I'm having a beer deciding what to do for dinner. Life is good,
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foiled my guts out today
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 07:00:25 PM »
Nicely done PB.  Hoping to get back on a foil in the spring but in the meantime we have some nice 4-5 footers on tap for the weekend here on the elastic coast.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 07:47:16 PM »
I am not going to be able to keep up...... :o
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:21:39 PM »
You foil guys are a bunch of addicts!
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 09:09:19 PM »
You foil guys are a bunch of addicts!

That is a common topic of conversation. It absolutely is an addiction. I surf much better than I foil (low bar), and it's not nearly as interesting as surfing to watch, But you get to fly, on water. So yeah.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 03:42:46 AM »
looking good overhere--gon be a cold suitup in the parking lot--but it's buff chest high and snowing lightly-charmed conditions-life here good too, if a touch colder!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal