Author Topic: The Threat  (Read 9540 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: The Threat
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »
If you would actually like some detail on all the issues you folks are talking about, read the book. Both this book and Comey's are very detailed. You can certainly judge for yourself how credible you think they are, but I find nothing that doesn't square with what I've seen and previously read. A different slant, but definitely one from the inside, first hand. For example, McCabe took extreme efforts to distance himself from his wife's run for Congress, sought guidance on all the issues he could potentially face from her run for office, just as you would expect a career FBI officer would do. The presumption was that Macauliffe's support for his wife was to influence the email investigation, which is ridiculous since the support had been given and his wife lost the election more than a year before there was any understanding that HC was using a private server. The investigation and its approach is finely detailed. Anyone with an understanding of the technology would have no problem understanding how and why it progressed as it did. The result was a clusterfuck, and you can see exactly how it unfolded, and clarify your understanding of who fucked whom.

I'm not saying this as an apologist for him, simply that the book is good, it's detailed and clear almost to the point of pedantry, and reading it will give you a different set of insights into something very important--how our intelligence and justice systems are faring these days. You can't get that kind of information from media sources, especially with the massive manipulation of media that is so clearly underway.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 06:52:57 PM »
How do you have partial credibility, it’s like being partially pregnant...
Read his book, why? 

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 07:25:27 PM »
“FOX NEWS ALERT”....Pono Bill on a Roll!!  Hannity at 9. Be there or be square.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 09:03:12 PM »
How do you have partial credibility, it’s like being partially pregnant...
Read his book, why?

Really, that's what you've got? How about because you don't just want to live in an echo chamber. Because you'd like to see all perspectives. Because you don't necessarily believe you are fucking right. I can promise you one thing, from your little tiny corner of the universe you don't know what is going on, any more than I do. Your only hope to have a clue is to be open, skeptical, and curious.

Bean, I've been reading your posts for years, I know you're a smart guy. Where does this ossification come from? Who said anything about partial credibility? Is that a straw man you're looking to knock down?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 03:09:26 AM »
“FOX NEWS ALERT”....Pono Bill on a Roll!!  Hannity at 9. Be there or be square.

clearly you dont know pono, rider

he calls bullshit where he sees it, regardless of agenda

he's not bothering with your garbage

but he'll happily tell me i am full of shit when i say the clintons arent even in the same universe of criminality and neg effect on this country as the clintons!

and he might not bother with me either, for that matter

but, hey, keep up with the excellent insights
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2019, 05:05:54 AM »
woops---typo

"but he'll happily tell me i am full of shit when i say the clintons arent even in the same universe of criminality and neg effect on this country as the TRUMPS!"
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2019, 05:38:11 AM »
You had it right the first time, and the second time...

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 08:04:47 AM »
I saw 'socialized medicine' in Bean's post and thought; 'I had that!.'  In the ARMY  ...in Toronto, I simply handed my OHIP card to the receptionist  ...and now my Medicare card.  I'm the one who throttles back, to keep 'Pathway' docs from running the table. 

If there are ~40mil people without health insurance ...and roughly half the citizenry could not come up with $400 for an emergency  ..overlaid atop 'The 1%' holding more of the country's wealth than the 90% beneath them  ....there is something seriously wrong that more 'open carry' laws will not solve. 

While unable to fill 7.1mil job openings with qualified applicants, ~45mil young people owe 1.5 trillion in student loans, an alarming number  are overdue in repayment. 

The myopics, Right and Left, are sooooo easily distracted by carnival barkers with religious fervor and loud voices.  Perhaps both the guys with big flags in their pickup trucks and the ones with Che' t-shirts actually want us to become a Venezuela? 

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 08:44:30 AM »
well, bean, the first time made no sense, since it was a typo--tho i think PB'll let that go--we'll see tho

how he responds to (or ignores) my corrected version of the sentence, which i strongly believe, will remain to be seen

seems you feel the clintons are every bit the lying criminals the Trumps are?
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2019, 08:50:04 AM »
hadnt known this fact--ill get to it in the book:

mccabe's "wife lost the election more than a year before there was any understanding that HC was using a private server"
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2019, 09:49:52 AM »
Who said anything about partial credibility?
My point is simply this, McCabe was not credible in his service at the FBI, how can I now count on him being credible in his book?

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2019, 11:18:28 AM »
... only hope to have a clue is to be open, skeptical, and curious.

Part of skepticism involves rejecting unreliable information.

While I would expect that more than 95% of his book is completely factual and totally inconsequential, the remaining facts of consequence, the important stuff, will be completely distorted.   Why do I need to buy into that?  I would rather hear from his subordinates who have no axe to grind in the matter.

Of course by now you have sufficiently whetted my appetite and I almost have to read it.

SUPJorge

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2019, 11:40:31 AM »
Reading something is an entirely different matter than buying into it.
14' SIC Bullet V2 - 9'1" Naish Hokua X32 LE

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2019, 11:54:13 AM »
Reading something is an entirely different matter than buying into it.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2019, 12:17:05 PM »
sessions fired mccabe

given my what i know as of now, i consider mccabe way more credible, and a much better human, hands down, than sessions

sessions is scary evil
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal