8 (26.7%)
Trump
5 (16.7%)
Howard Schultz
1 (3.3%)
Pat Paulson
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The Starbucks Poll  (Read 3965 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: The Starbucks Poll
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 09:47:55 AM »
It appears Schultz has brought on board, Steve Schmidt, a former Republican operative. I heard Schmidt defend his decision on a podcast 'Words Matter'.  He had some points, but they were pressing him hard enough ...he walked off. 

Bernie reminds me of those guys on the radio - always totally upset and can get under your skin talking fast  ...but the big difference is Bernie has a track record: 12 years of being one of an 'elite political 100' and not getting a liquid-squat's worth done while there. The guys on the radio who are mostly draft dodgers can 'Support our Troops!' in words.   Bernie could have done many things in 12 years to show leadership in actual deeds. He hasn't.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »
I'd vote for a centrist republican.
Yeah, I chose "democratic centralist" from the choices above, but have to wonder if it's not so much the "republican" or "democrat" connotation that we're looking for or are after, but rather that it's the "centrist" in either choice that's appealing to us?

IOWs, where neither the whacky left-wing goofballs are not our liking, nor are the dangerous right-wing nutjobs that are just as (if not more) terrifying in their craziness?  :o

"Centrist", "moderate", whatever...just not the lunatics from the extreme one side of the aisle or the other that we seem to only have as our choices nowadays. Just thinking out loud...YMMV.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »
Of course a republican centrist would be as good or better, but we're not going to get to choose one of those in 2020.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 06:48:52 PM »
totally feel the bern--not sure ill vote for him--

but his speech yesterday was awesome--

you know, the one about how we need to accept that discussion of Israeli policies in the middle east, where policies are identified as questionable or bad, does not make that discussion or its participants anti-semitic................

seems simple to me--gotta hand it to the bern for being up front and crystal clear on this.................

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/read-in-full-bernie-sanders-speech-to-j-street-conference-1.5442941

I'd say it's a safe thing to say since Israel is about as polarized as the US is. Talk about vicious politics and a great divide on policy. Oy vey schmear!
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 03:07:22 AM »
yet most americans think all israelis support continual west bank settlement expansion--where polls show that half of israelis are against, and also against ultra-right bibi---who has his own criminal bribery issues brewing

to call those who spk ill of israeli policy anti-semites, means half of israelis are anti-semites

and the israelis operate with great effect on the internet

google "black cube" for a lil taste
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 05:12:16 AM »
Quite true. They make our polarization seem tame. I learned about anti Zionist ideas from an Israeli friend.

The funny thing I’ve come to see is travel any where in the world and the left right, conservative liberal split runs at about 50/50. No matter how mild or extreme the views represented, any democratic voting will not break the deadlock.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
yet most americans think all israelis support continual west bank settlement expansion--where polls show that half of israelis are against, and also against ultra-right bibi---who has his own criminal bribery issues brewing

to call those who spk ill of israeli policy anti-semites, means half of israelis are anti-semites

and the israelis operate with great effect on the internet

google "black cube" for a lil taste

Very true.  That being said, even those who do support the WB settlements (or even Bibi himself) are in many cases unfairly vilified.  I'm not a fan of much of Israel's foreign policy but as I've learned from some friends who are DEEPLY pro Israel, there really are two sides to the issue.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 09:57:39 AM by surf4food »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 04:00:37 PM »

They probably are. One of my best friends growing up was Howie Barth, a very anti-semetic jew. I loved his mom, besides being spooky beautiful and always dressed perfectly, like she was getting ready to go to a play or a concert on a random Wednesday afternoon, she cooked all the great Jewish dishes with great skill and browbeat me almost as much as her son. She'd make a hamburger for him and feed me home made beef knishes, matzoh ball soup, brisket, pastrami, prune hamantashen. Geez, I just ate lunch and now I'm starving. I haven't had a hamantash in probably 50 years.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:03:42 PM by PonoBill »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal