General > Travel, Trips, Destinations

avoid the expensive kennel Great FREE house/pet sitting service

(1/2) > >>

Caribsurf:
Hey everyone, I also posted this on a thread about retirement, but here is a great resource for those who want to travel and leave pets and home in good hands...

we have been using trustedhousesitters.com and it's been a blessing.  We used to spend thousands in kennel and doggie day care when we traveled , which is a lot of travel for work and to our home in the Grenadines where I type this today. Not only the cost, but the guilt of leaving our pets was hard, but this makes it much easier when we have to travel knowing we have great sitters and pets are comfortable at home and for free...

It's a website that has  scores of people from all over the world  looking to house/pet sit in exchange for a free vacation in your home.  Now it helps if you live near the coast like we do in Florida and Maine and attract many applicants, but even so, people are always willing to travel and see the country.  All prospective sitters who join the website pay a fee and  have thorough police back ground checks and credit checks and they get reviewed by those who they have sat for so you know who is reputable.  It's really amazing.  We have used this service 11 times now and had sitters from Australia, Canada, Italy and of course the U.S. and we have never been disappointed. In fact a few are repeat sitters who enjoyed their stay and our pets so much.   The number of applicants we get is crazy, but we weed them out and then use Skype to interview them.     

It's really a great cost saving and peace of mind..

So before you decide that pets make travel difficult, check this website out
http://trustedhousesitters.com
   ...It works both ways too  as you can also sign up to be a sitter as well.  Might be a great way to travel the world on a budget staying in some lovely locations.
  I think we may sign up to be sitters eventually..

stoneaxe:
Very cool, sounds like a great idea. I don't need the sitting service, our animals will stay with our girls but I might sign up to be a sitter.....:) A vacation that comes with animals to hang around with works for me. I wake up with a cat sleeping on me usually and we're looking for a pup. I like animals better than most people.

surfinJ:
Thanks for sharing this Carib!  With an RV and retirement arriving this summer I was concerned about how to leave the large portions of my animals behind. 

For the right sitter I guess the substantial number of boards that would be available for use could be as attractive as my Yorkie crew.

Caribsurf:
haha true SurfinJ...my friends from the UK who first told me about Trusted House Sitters own a farm and have no problem finding sitters to take care of all the animals, so a crew of Yorkies would be a breeze 

SaMoSUP:
Good find thanks for sharing. I may be getting a pup soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version