Poll

This is a uniquely informed and diverse group to survey on any question, most definitely this one.  At this point, for whom would you cast your ballot?

Trump
19 (46.3%)
Biden
9 (22%)
Sanders
8 (19.5%)
Booker
4 (9.8%)
Klobuchar
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 21, 2019, 04:39:47 PM

Author Topic: 2020 Vision  (Read 124886 times)

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Vision
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2019, 06:09:34 PM »
RTG.... It’s time to put on your big boy pants and fight for what you believe in. I suggest you dedicate the next year going for your dreams in every way possible.. Quit your job, sell your house, delete your bank accounts, whatever it takes. Trump must go. “Morally Bankrupt”  Trump is Trash..... I am actually starting my 2020 Trump Victory Party list. We thought last time was fun but this time ......

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2019, 06:17:35 PM »
RTG.... It’s time to put on your big boy pants and fight for what you believe in. I suggest you dedicate the next year going for your dreams in every way possible.. Quit your job, sell your house, delete your bank accounts, whatever it takes. Trump must go. “Morally Bankrupt”  Trump is Trash..... I am actually starting my 2020 Trump Victory Party list. We thought last time was fun but this time ......

That seems more like a knee jerk response. What is it about his positions or person that wins your support? Are you against everything on the list of positions that are important to me? What is it that is important to you? If you want to be taken seriously be serious. If you want to reinforce a common perception of Trump supporters, carry on.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2019, 07:22:37 PM »
Hi RTG... Here’s my take on what you want. Tax the Rich. They got that way because they are SMART. They will just take it someplace else. Free Health Care. Way to expensive. You know that. Free College Tuition. Good luck with that. Green New Deal. You’re kidding right? Aborationafter birth. Kind of sick really. Let’s have a crappy army. Really. You’re even dumber than you look. Trans in Seals Unit. LOL, Trumps Supreme Court Judges. Too fucking bad. Life is hard. Trump using EO for wall. Elections have consequences..No voter I D. That’s just bull shit and you know it..In Calif. they call it motor voter. Your Right. I hate everything you want. I’am still looking forward to my 2020 election night party. Your ideas really suck.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »
Rider you’re really a liberal troll right?  Please tell me I’m right...

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »
Great list Rider. One little tweak--Chris Beck, Seal team six. Now Kristine. You might find her kind of cute.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2019, 04:02:10 AM »
either a troll, or he illuminated very well the superior clarity and expression, at least, of RTG's thinking

i havent much data on rtg's looks, but to call him "dumber than you look" sums up your pov neatly

the "hate" you have is more the message--and it's key to the spewing of bogus right wing talking points

great work if youre a demo troll!!

you dont hate me do you, rider??   tough luck--hate on--im every bit (and likely more) the american than you, and i aint going nowhere.....get used to it: most americans simply arent like you--youre starting to hate the majority of americans--where's your patriotism??

i am pretty damned rich---i am a little bit smart, i work very hard, but i am beyond lucky:

born male straight white in the USA to educated parents of means at least sufficient to insure i got a damned good education to take to the workplace--me? i am a small piece of what has been largely a lucky sperm club layup

and i pay lots of taxes--and ive never taken a dime from anyone, that i didnt earn, from the day i began in the workforce--but i am a lucky SOB, and id be a fool to forget that!

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2019, 08:05:04 AM »
Rider’s response above is worrisome in so many ways. It typifies what I’m sure many feel is who the Trump supporter is and the level of intelligence they possess. It is also concerning that this is the type of individual that Trump has emboldened with his rhetoric. Trump has made it O.K. to think like this. But maybe most concerning of all, is that Rider may indeed be correct, in that he may well be partying on election night celebrating a Trump victory. Look at the poll at the top of this thread. Trump now has over 50% of the support.

Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2019, 08:40:01 AM »
Hi Quick....You have quite the quiver of boards and paddles. That’s just so special.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »
Yea, whats up with that "Quick", what are you, like into stand up paddling or something, huh? ;D ;D ;D

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2019, 09:12:27 AM »
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Red Paddle Race (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 30”

ZRE Power Surge ZX4, Kevlar braided shaft (75”)
ZRE Power Surge Adjustable (75”)
Werner Trance

Ok, I'm betting you aren't promoting a Stand Up Paddle & Paddle Board tax?
 8)
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2019, 09:23:17 AM »
I will defend one of my points, just to illustrate that I do actually put some thought into it. I don't support universal health care only out of concern for those less fortunate. That is a primary reason for my support but I will set it aside as I know that not everyone wants to look out for everyone else.

I will surprise a few of you by agreeing that is possible for free market health insurance to be more affordable than universal care.

Take a look at this chart:

I got it from a conservative blog post that seem to be pretty well informed, but I think there is a fatal flaw in their conclusion.
https://itdoesnotaddup.com/2014/10/16/how-do-we-establish-a-free-market-healthcare-system-in-the-u-s/

In that chart, blue is universal care and red is free market. As you can see, most of the major industrialized countries have gone to a universal model. But the other 2 countries that still have free market health insurance are 2 of the lowest 3 by cost. They let private companies participate but use exchanges with subsidies and regulate the crap out of insurance and health providers. IMO, it isn't realistic for us to get there fighting the private insurance companies, their lobbyists and the congress members they buy tooth and nail all the way. If we don't cut the cancer out in one operation, we won't get rid of it. This is the fatal flaw I referred to earlier. What's being proposed might work but you can't get there from here. A solution isn't practical if implementation isn't practical.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:29:09 AM by RideTheGlide »
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2019, 09:31:01 AM »
Hi RTG... Here’s my take on what you want. Tax the Rich. They got that way because they are SMART. They will just take it someplace else. Free Health Care. Way to expensive. You know that. Free College Tuition. Good luck with that. Green New Deal. You’re kidding right? Aborationafter birth. Kind of sick really. Let’s have a crappy army. Really. You’re even dumber than you look. Trans in Seals Unit. LOL, Trumps Supreme Court Judges. Too fucking bad. Life is hard. Trump using EO for wall. Elections have consequences..No voter I D. That’s just bull shit and you know it..In Calif. they call it motor voter. Your Right. I hate everything you want. I’am still looking forward to my 2020 election night party. Your ideas really suck.
This is hilarious. But what is “Aborationafter birth”?

If this is a genuine post rather than a spoof, Rider should join company with the UK “hard Brexiteers” (who want to leave the EU without a deal, which would plunge both the UK economy and perhaps the broader EU and world economy into crisis). They would find a lot in common in values, rationale and style of discourse. Both Rider and his mates and the hard Brexiteers are destroying their country without even knowing it. It is spectacularly unpatriotic of them to hurt their countries so much. But presumably Trump has looked at Putin’s approval ratings (64.8%) and concluded that emulating him is the way to go. Maybe the whole situation is as simple as that. Putin used chemical weapons on the streets of the UK and laughed  about it, and his approval ratings (in Russia) actually went up as a consequence. I wonder when Putin will use chemical weapons in the US?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-47414326

Maybe this is why we in Europe are more worried by Trump’s admiration of Putin (and similar dictators) than people like Rider are.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:34:45 AM by Area 10 »

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2019, 09:47:58 AM »
dont think trump's random tariff and trade war hasnt affect the sup industry, and the economy as a whole:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-04/evidence-grows-that-trump-s-trade-wars-are-hitting-u-s-economy
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/04/us/politics/trump-china-tariffs-trade-deal.html

and something else: i train occasionally at a krav maga school nearby my house

(yes, i keep to myself the fact that i pledge no allegiance to the state of Israel--strictly keep that kinda stuff for the US of A--and i have none and expect no allegiance to Ireland or Scotland, where my roots are, and check into the "troubles" and potato famines for more context, etc--but hey, for all i know the school is likely stocked with haaretz readers--after all it's in Brooklyn)

i digress, but at the school, there is a m to f trans person who is a fixture there, who could easily spray 4 of us down with some serious whuppass--ok maybe not 4 stoney's!!

speaking of whuppass, krav maga is a very efficient way to get one's defense skills up to good speed, and it's a fun fitness routine--lotta stuff like sticky hands in wing chun kung fu (a killer variant, designed originally for women--ill spare you deets)--another art ive messed around with--i have a friend who's become accomplished at krav maga, who spks highly of it, so when they opened a storefront on my block, i checked in--i do it mostly cuz it's a good mixin with the rest of my workout routine

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »
rtg--that chart would mean more to me with some sort of overlay with quality of care, mortality of care, etc, data points

like who pays what, for what quality of care

our bang for the buck has been awful, compared to other developed countries
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »
Interesting thread. The poll at the top is not really surprising to me. Human nature never really changes. Most people look out for #1 and their family first. Whether the change in economy is conservative policy, or momentum from "Cash for Clunkers", it doesn't matter - if folks have money and freedom they are happy. It would not surprise me to see Trump run away and hide with it in 2020.

Trump is so ubiquitous that I feel like people are getting used to the "Trump stuff". The guy is some cross between a junk yard dog who eats out of the trash and the honey badger. He can just say anything with no apologies and cares nothing for the outfall. The D's can try and tut-tut and schoolmarm but it will bounce off of Teflon Don. If they are smart they would identify policy and just ignore Trump, unfortunately, he has made himself impossible to ignore.

As for myself. I have to vote based on political philosophy. I'm pretty much a small government liberal (libertarian), and the current D party is progressive at any cost. They don't get my votes except for on local elections.
Make paddleboarding great again!

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard