Poll

This is a uniquely informed and diverse group to survey on any question, most definitely this one.  At this point, for whom would you cast your ballot?

Trump
19 (46.3%)
Biden
9 (22%)
Sanders
8 (19.5%)
Booker
4 (9.8%)
Klobuchar
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 21, 2019, 04:39:47 PM

Author Topic: 2020 Vision  (Read 124014 times)

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Vision
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2019, 11:54:57 PM »
Earth to A10 & RTG. Nobody gives a fuck what you think. That is all.....
Spoken like a true Trump supporter. I notice however than you did not try to argue with any of the criticisms I made against the figure you so admire. Despite me providing a litany of them far beyond those I’d ever have used to describe any previous US president ever, there was no “what evidence do you have to say that?” challenge from you. This is of course because shockingly, the things I said are widely accepted as an accurate description of the character of the man, as reported by many people who have been close to him. The Cohen testimony yesterday was remarkable in this respect. Cohen is clearly a deeply unpleasant lying weasel. But why would Trump have such a person so close to him for so many years if they weren’t the same? “Birds of a feather flock together”, or “judge a man by the company he keeps” are wise old sayings that apply here. Drain the swamp? Really?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2019, 02:19:29 AM »
If you had said, "After everything that Trump has said or tweeted, I could see where you may have a point, but "done"?   What governmental thing has he done that negatively effected you in a personal way?
This is I'm pretty sure why you are surprised by Trump's support, it's that his supporters can separate what he says or tweets, from the things he accomplishes.

Do you mean what thing has he done today?  :)  Here are a few tidbits:

I would not have believed that Reagan Republicans would have stood by him after watching him trash our intelligence agencies in favor of Putin on the world stage in Helsinki.
Running up the National debt at a record pace and to a record level. 
Separating refugee kids from their parents at the border with no plans to reunite them. 
Shutting down the government in a tantrum (in December - Retailer love letter is in the mail). 
Pulling out of Paris Climate deal, Iran deal, again breaking with our allies. 
China Trade debacle - An incorrect notion, poorly executed, and failing.
The incessant lying on the world stage.
Giving credibility to fringe racist groups.
Furthering the financial divide between his cronies and working America.

But, I also think that the real #'s come election day (should we get there) will be pretty close to 50% again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:28:41 AM by Admin »

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2019, 03:01:55 AM »
The most disturbing thing I see in this entire discussion thread is the poll at the top of the page where it shows there are still people who support Trump. I understand it is a very small sample size, but if this is any kind of reflection of the population at large then I’m just at a loss to understand. After everything Trump has done, it just astounds me that he would have any support at all.

His apparent lack of political-polish has rendered him possibly the most transparent US president ever; for many that translates into trust.
If you had said, "After everything that Trump has said or tweeted, I could see where you may have a point, but "done"?   What governmental thing has he done that negatively effected you in a personal way?
This is I'm pretty sure why you are surprised by Trump's support, it's that his supporters can separate what he says or tweets, from the things he accomplishes.  I don't think anybody, if they support him or not, are happy with most of his tweets or his thin skin, that he demonstrates with some of the things he says.  He doesn't have to express his feeling about everything, most things he should just let slide, but then again he's not a politician. 
So maybe that's the root of the dislike, he's not a politician, and he's definitely not politically correct.

he's accomplished deficits that all americans are responsible to pay for--a result of his tax handout to the wealthy

he's killed residential real estate throughout the country, especially in blue states--specific impact of tax handout

that's just off the top of my head

what good has he accomplished? for any but the very wealthy, who may wonder if the free $$ was worth it.....

he did beautifully in vietnam this week--i mean are you kidding?

list some credible "accomplishments"---his failings and continual lying to any who'll listen are so innumerable.....

gimme something real and really good that has actually resulted from policy he implemented....

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:11:51 AM by eastbound »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2019, 03:05:12 AM »

your thinking is impressive, illuminating

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:25:37 AM by eastbound »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2019, 05:44:19 AM »

your thinking is impressive, illuminating
I have also given up on arguing with entrenched Trump supporters. I can't change their minds and I can't make them right.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2019, 05:47:03 AM »
How do Trump supporters view Russia; threat nuetral, or possible ally?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:34:45 AM by Chan »

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2019, 07:54:34 AM »
How do Trump supporters view Russia; threat nuetral, or possible ally?

A lot of the Trump supporters I know personally don't view much besides Faux News. Outside of that, they mostly keep their heads in the sand or in some other location that restricts their view in a similar manner.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2019, 10:43:40 AM »

he did beautifully in vietnam this week--i mean are you kidding?

list some credible "accomplishments"---his failings and continual lying to any who'll listen are so innumerable.....

gimme something real and really good that has actually resulted from policy he implemented....
Yeah, he failed in Viet Nam just like Reagan did with Gorbachev in Reykjavik Iceland, I'm sure you remember how that ended up in the long run.

Pay no attention to the unemployment accomplishments that covers all races w/in our country, records in every category.  Pay no attention to the take-home pay that has finally been increasing.  There's more, but I understand the majority of the people on this thread, little use in trying to list everything.
These are things that effect people w/in our country DIRECTLY, everything else listed by the Trump haters, effects them indirectly, supposedly.  "I'm doing fine, but it's everyone else that I worry about" and "I really worry about what other people in other countries think about us", you know, people like A10.  That keeps my up at night.  :o   Those concerns only go so far, and then they become tedious.

I'll try not to post on this thread anymore, it's apparently upsetting to so many here, so fear not.
Tennis anyone?
It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2019, 12:17:22 PM »
weasel, no upset here--just a discussion. hang in there. youre entitled to your pov.

frankly, Trump's claims of, and claims to have caused, job growth and pay gains, are very much in dispute, if not totally debunked.

so your presentation of such as fact is questionable.

but let's assume youre correct in those claims, what specific programs that Trump put it place have caused the "records in every category" jobs and pay gains that you claim to be fact?

serve em up!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »
Reagan had deep respect for our intelligence agencies, and always consulted CIA on all matters, incl Reykjavik---problem with Reykjavic wasnt that he didnt try to prepare with assistance from the US's best and brightest, problem was that the agenda was somewhat unknown, such that reagan had to wing it, in many ways. and he did well. total contrast with what trump has brought to no korea "negotiations" or whatever the hell he's doing. which can only be described as, some 18 months in, a total failure.

try this on:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/before-meeting-with-kim-trump-should-look-back-to-reykjavik/2018/03/15/67eaa876-2877-11e8-bc72-077aa4dab9ef_story.html?utm_term=.b200cc9757ec

the whole korea thing has been riddled with Trump lies:
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/431314-jake-tapper-calls-out-pompeo-over-trump-declaring-north-korea-no-longer-a

glad this aint my kid:
https://www.ottumwacourier.com/news/national_news/trump-accepts-kim-word-he-had-no-role-in-warmbier/article_39365b5c-985c-5a3d-9bc3-16af010e8a0f.html
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2019, 02:08:05 PM »
What is hiding in Trump’s tax returns?

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2019, 03:57:27 PM »
A10, you can’t tell much about a person’s wealth from a US income tax return.  Unlike a corporate return, there is no balance sheet, just income items.  It’s just as likely that he is embarrassed about a relatively low income level as he would be having understated his earnings.  And if there was an understatement, he would have amended it by now.  Amended returns are pretty routine here in the US.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »
I'm in the position of finding both Hillary Clinton and Donal Trump entirely unfit for office--any office, but certainly not President of the United States. I think Donald Trump has divided this country much further than it had been, and I think his supporters talking about improvement in jobs while the president has undermined the rule of law directly, repeatedly, is simply amazing. How can anyone claim to be a patriotic American while ignoring the damage to our form of government, our constitution, even our self-worth. For the President to comment in any way on an  investigation that is underway into Russian meddling in the election--even by telegraphing his attitude, would be tampering. President Trump didn't just do that--he called it a witch hunt, and is actively seeking to shut it down. Interfering with the Manafort trial, Interfering with the Flynn investigation. Really? That's OK? What then would it take? Constant lying? Oh, that's just how he is. Ignoring intelligence? Oh he doesn't trust the FBI and CIA, he gets his answers right from Putin, who he does trust.

Seriously. I don't get it. I wanted President Clinton to be booted out of office for lying--he deserved it. He was a smarter version of Donald Trump, but just as slimy. But he's gone and this is who we have, and he lies every time he opens his mouth. They aren't simply stupid lies, they do damage. Go ahead and support him, there won't be much left of America when he's done. Chaos in politics, complete lack of appreciation for the constitutional separation of powers, a divided country, a monumental deficit, loss of any leadership in world politics. If Putin were directly pulling the strings, he couldn't ask for more.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2019, 08:15:31 PM »
A10, you can’t tell much about a person’s wealth from a US income tax return.  Unlike a corporate return, there is no balance sheet, just income items.  It’s just as likely that he is embarrassed about a relatively low income level as he would be having understated his earnings.  And if there was an understatement, he would have amended it by now.  Amended returns are pretty routine here in the US.

Did someone actually sat that determining wealth was the point of seeing the tax returns? There have been allegations of tax fraud, and not just from Cohen. Paper losses that likely would not hold up and other tricks. Questions have been raised about some of the sources of income. If there are no issues, why not just hand them over?
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »
And then there's the very real likelihood of Russian money laundering. Is there a US bank that would lend Trump money? Is there a contractor of any size who would ever do work for him without money up front? Would you, just knowing what you know? Imagine what people with real experience and real connections think of this guy. Don Jr. said that's where they get their development money. Oops. Is there anyone, even the most rabid Trump fan, who thinks borrowing money from Russia is anything like borrowing money from Wells Fargo?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal