Poll

This is a uniquely informed and diverse group to survey on any question, most definitely this one.  At this point, for whom would you cast your ballot?

Trump
19 (46.3%)
Biden
9 (22%)
Sanders
8 (19.5%)
Booker
4 (9.8%)
Klobuchar
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 21, 2019, 04:39:47 PM

Author Topic: 2020 Vision  (Read 124725 times)

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
2020 Vision
« on: February 19, 2019, 03:39:47 PM »
The poll only allows 5 options.  Feel free to write in others.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Vision
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:28:05 AM »
This would be like sitting down at Mama's Fish House and they offer you a McDonalds menu. 

Is this really the best we can do?

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 07:44:26 AM »
Sanders? ...really?!  'An old man with one tune and C'hit for a record in the job he's already held.  In 12 years - out of the seven bills presented, by Sanders, then passed, two were names of post offices, one: on March 4, 1991, was naming a 'Vermont Bicentennial Day'.

The only one of verbal substance was in 2013 - veterans compensation to track COLA along with Social Security ...not exactly a heavy lift. (how much have we paid him over these 12 years ...how much for travel and other benefits   ...how much for 50+ staffers!)

http://congress.org/congressorg/mlm/congressorg/bio/staff/?id=594

Biden - that will be entertaining.  There will be every frame of him sniffing little girls and women's hair - in Slo-Mo.  A perv.

Sorry, Chan - none of the above.   

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:24:20 AM »
Aside from Trump, none of them have ever had a TV show or acted in a movie. I'm really disappointed. We'll have to look to the academies. How about Reese Witherspoon? She's played a lawyer in a movie. Everyone seems to like her? Or Julia Roberts? She's played a really hot lawyer in a movie as well. Then there's Halle Berry. She has the whole package. But.. she does have that Hit and Run thing. I don't think that's a deal killer.  ::)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:07:33 AM »
This would be like sitting down at Mama's Fish House and they offer you a McDonalds menu. 

This would be like sitting down at Mama's Fish House and they offer you a McDonalds menu after you've eaten cat shit yogurt for 4 years.  Mmmnn, McDonalds.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:46:21 AM »

This would be like sitting down at Mama's Fish House and they offer you a McDonalds menu after you've eaten cat shit yogurt for 4 years.  Mmmnn, McDonalds.

Yup. I am pretty far left and while it would be nice to get a candidate that held my views, I kind of hope the candidate is slightly more centrist just to help ensure Trump gets beat. I am going to vote for the DEM candidate because A - the candidate will not be named Trump (or Pence, if Trump is doing time), B - the candidate will have views closer to mine than the GOP candidate, C - I will not throw my vote away on a 3rd party candidate in protest if I don't like the choices and D - the candidate will not be named Trump...
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 12:11:47 PM »

That's pretty graphic...my dog's asking what's wrong with cat shit...

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »
The D's could easily walk away with this one if they can find a moderate.

Unfortunately, the current crop of candidates is not on that trajectory and neither is the heart of the party. So they are going to take what should be the easiest win in a long time, and make it a hard one.
Make paddleboarding great again!

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
Warren Cortez 2020.  You go girls...... 8)

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »
Maybe Michelle and Oprah. Now we’re talking. ::)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 07:31:32 PM »
Yeh, yeh,  I know I'm an optometrist, but I don't see how Trump can win against any Democrat. In the last election most of Trumps votes were against Hillary, not for him ; Hilary got 2 million more votes than Trump; and many who voted for Trump now regret it or at least realize they didn't get what they hoped for.

(I promised myself I wasn't going to post on this thread, but this is my only post. I really mean it this time)

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 07:43:53 PM »
Hey Tom.  Don’t quit your day job. You just don’t SEE how Trump can win? Maybe glasses. :)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
The Democrats have demonstrated previously that they can indeed lose an unlosable election. Trump didn't think Trump would win. Right now the Democrat ticket looks like everyone who would like to be president someday. I know it's early for them to be getting their ducks in a row, but jeez, it's pretty ugly. If Schultz actually runs as an independent Trump could be a two-term president. Wouldn't that just be ducky.

Then again I don't hold Bernie's do-nothing record against him. The notion of scoring senators and congressmen on the number of bills they author has never made sense to me. His rap has grown pretty tired though.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 10:00:35 PM »
I'm a none of the above again. I was a vote against Hillary last time. I didn't want to see the pendulum continue it's leftward swing. But I hate Trump, fucking embarrassment despite my conservative lean. I'm afraid my hoped for outcome is getting unlikely. Dems aren't going to run a centrist. They seem to be going all in on the far left. I'll probably write in my brother this time...:)

I'd happily vote for our Gov. Charlie Baker...centrist republican and a good manager from what I can see. We could do far worse....and would with any of those listed. I'm hoping he runs in 2024. I think he would eat up these folks in debate. Very smart guy with practical solutions and good working both sides of the aisle. Though after the rancor of the last few and what will happen in Trumps 2nd term (yes I think he will win) there will be an awful lot of repairing to do.

I'm just getting tired of all the name calling and bullshit tearing us apart. Maybe if the far right and far left would stop kicking and screaming to get everything their way we could find some compromises and move forward. All the back and forth is weakening us as a country and I think it is one of the biggest threats we face.

FWIW....Vegas bookies have Trump as a massive favorite to win.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:18:10 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 11:55:11 PM »
FWIW....Vegas bookies have Trump as a massive favorite to win.

The numbers I am seeing from the EU betting parlors have him as even or slightly better, but not massive:
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner

I don't know of any Vegas odds since betting on elections is illegal in Nevada.

Hopefully when it gets head to head it will swing away from him. Some DEM candidates that are currently long shots are factoring in lack of announcing so far. For example, in that link now (it will change), Biden is 11:1. If he announces he is running, odds of him being elected would go way up. he isn't necessarily my favorite, but a good example.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal