Author Topic: Board Bag?  (Read 1216 times)

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Board Bag?
« on: February 17, 2019, 09:56:53 PM »
Beyond protecting the paint job from dings etc how does a bag help in day to day?

Does it keep the board noticeably cooler so that one could consider leaving the board in a car?

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Board Bag?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 04:21:01 AM »
By board bag - do you mean like a travel bag or a board sock? I have a board sock I use for transporting my board to/from the beach because it does help from getting it dinged, and in the summer I pretty much just put it out the back of my 4-door Jeep. It helps when I take 2 boards to the beach in the summer too.

Board sock is easy to put on/off and it's about $30 on Amazon, just get a 9' or 10' longboard sock.
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Board Bag?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 04:58:33 AM »
board socks are also invaluable if you use wax.   I use socks so when i put two boards in my car the wax doesnt cake the bottom of the other board.  Easy $30 worth of protection.

As for board bags.  If you spend the day at the beach a reflective bag to help keep you board cool is also very important.  Sups are an expensive Delam to fix.....and many new sups are being build without regulator vents so baking them in 95 degree sun for 7 hours is not a good deal.

i keep a 10foot day bag that will fit any of my boards to help keep my board cool when we do a full day at the beach during peak summer months. 

I dont bother with bags for protection when in storage any more.  Too bulky and in a wierd way makes handing them even more clumsy and prone to damage.  I just make sure I am extra careful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal