Author Topic: Thin rails, not for surfing  (Read 24181 times)

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Thin rails, not for surfing
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2019, 03:33:28 PM »
How cool that others are considering this board!  It was a process trying to find one that wouldn’t be too big.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it!  I couldn’t have gotten it at the full price, though. 
Thanks to all who have helped me along on my paddling journey.

I’m a bit nervous about having a board shipped, but I’m optimistic that it will arrive in perfect condition. 

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2019, 03:42:33 PM »
How cool that others are considering this board!  It was a process trying to find one that wouldn’t be too big.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it!  I couldn’t have gotten it at the full price, though. 

I’m a bit nervous about having a board shipped, but I’m optimistic that it will arrive in perfect condition.

Do not worry. One of the guys here in the forum ordered one through the sale, got the board severely damaged. A quick phone call the Jimmy and a new board was shipped to him the same day
or the next if memory serves. got it soon after, perfect condition. It's so reassuring to have such great support behind a product.
in progress...

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2019, 04:02:11 PM »

Do not worry. One of the guys here in the forum ordered one through the sale, got the board severely damaged. A quick phone call the Jimmy and a new board was shipped to him the same day
or the next if memory serves. got it soon after, perfect condition. It's so reassuring to have such great support behind a product.

Thanks for that reassurance.  Jimmy has been incredible to work with.  Very accessible.  I know he’s got my back, but I sure hope the first delivery works out!

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2019, 01:05:05 PM »
The board will be here Tuesday!  I’m nervous about the inspection.  Surely it will be easy to spot fedex-caused dents or dings?

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »
Going to be a great spring for paddling! I've got my fingers crossed for the safe delivery of your first baby ;)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM »
Going to be a great spring for paddling! I've got my fingers crossed for the safe delivery of your first baby ;)

🙂👍🙂🏄🏻‍♀️

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »
The board will be here Tuesday!  I’m nervous about the inspection.  Surely it will be easy to spot fedex-caused dents or dings?
If you’re picking it up at a shipping company, don’t be shy about unboxing there.
Inbox and unbox before signing. Take photos of any tears in the cardboard. Don’t worry. These are just best practices... in case the unlikely occurs. I’ve gone through the process a few times with never any problem. AND you get to leave the packing material with the shipping company.
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2019, 04:23:17 PM »
If you’re picking it up at a shipping company, don’t be shy about unboxing there.
Inbox and unbox before signing. Take photos of any tears in the cardboard. Don’t worry. These are just best practices... in case the unlikely occurs. I’ve gone through the process a few times with never any problem. AND you get to leave the packing material with the shipping company.

It’s getting delivered to my house by fedex.  I’ll take pictures before and after, and no signature until I’m absolutely sure it’s okay.  It should be fine....hope so....but Jimmy will replace it if he needs to.  He’s encouraging a thorough 8nspection so he can make a claim if necessary.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2019, 11:44:57 AM »
The board arrived today, but I had to send it back.  😫. It had a dent in the bottom, and a scratch and scuff on the rail.  The box was beat to shit.  It’s amazing how anything can withstand fedex!
The board was otherwise beautiful, though.  Very light, too.  Will #2 be perfect?  I don’t know! 
I really think they don’t put enough packing around the boards.  The rails had no padding except for the box, and you know those warehouse guys are throwing it around like mad.
Darn.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »
That’s a great shame, but all too common, I’m afraid. And you are right, the brands never use anything as much packing materials as they need to. Mind you, it’s almost impossible to protect a board against fork lifts etc.

If the dings were only cosmetic, could you have negotiated some money off from Jimmy, and kept it?

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
That's a bummer :'( I guess I didn't keep my finger crossed long enough... Maybe they'll pack it a little better on the next one.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »
That’s a great shame, but all too common, I’m afraid. And you are right, the brands never use anything as much packing materials as they need to. Mind you, it’s almost impossible to protect a board against fork lifts etc.

If the dings were only cosmetic, could you have negotiated some money off from Jimmy, and kept it?

I don’t know....    I couldn’t tell if the rail scratch was just cosmetic, and I’m already getting it for half-price.  The thing is, I couldn’t sign for it because that would negate the claim, and I couldn’t call Jimmy because of the time difference, so I really had no choice but to send it back with fedex.  I do think they used fork lifts in the board, plus throwing it around so it landed on the rail.  The box was very light, so I bet warehouse workers looked at the box and assumed it would be heavy, and then threw it way harder than they needed to.
Okay...maybe the next one will be okay!

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2019, 01:36:22 PM »
That's a bummer :'( I guess I didn't keep my finger crossed long enough... Maybe they'll pack it a little better on the next one.

I think they need styrofoam running along the rails, for sure.  I wonder what they do with the damaged boards?  Does fedex keep them, or do the companies have a “scratch and dent” sale?

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »
Better luck with the next one Spirit!

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2019, 08:45:56 AM »
Board number two returned with a demolished rail.  😢😢