Author Topic: getting back on the pad  (Read 1879 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: getting back on the pad
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
the way I try to get better but not spoil the ride is I try to focus on one improvement with each go out. I will look at the conditions before I go out and tell my self that today is a good day to work on getting my back foot on the tail, or to work on my back side bottom turn,. or work on my front side re-entry, etc. I may just try the improvement at the end of each ride, but I do find this works for me.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach native
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: getting back on the pad
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 05:22:41 PM »
Almost 3 years now on my 10' Coreban Icon and I'm really comfortable stepping back as needed. I've been surfing better and better just sticking with this one board. My old 9' green machine turned on a dime. I could just think about turning front side or back and it would go. Like Creek said my back toe was dragging right at the side bite and that's as far as I would ever need to go back. I actually don't know how far back on the tail pad (if any) that I ever was. I could feel the ridge under my heel, and that was the spot. My 9' green machine is all but retired now. Mold growing down the stringer. Still surfs, but too heavy, with too many repairs. I think if you keep switching boards, you never get a chance to really see what you can get out of the board you have. I wouldn't make a good board salesman. "You should just stick it out with your old board before you go buying a new one."  ::)