General > Travel, Trips, Destinations

Headin' out....

(1/4) > >>

surfercook:
....to Encinitas. Been three yrs since my last visit. Was gonna follow Creek's lead to Portugal but there were factors holding me back. Namely the chill there this time of year.....and board bag fees. I'd have been ok w/it but my wife gets cold REALLY easily. So I set my sights on Encinitas, mainly because United Airlines is only charging $40 ea/way for board bags to celebrate surfing becoming the official state sport of CA.
Encinitas here I come. Booked my first Airbnb and it's actually a block closer to the beach than our last stay. 8'0'' Assassin is all bagged, tagged, racked, and ready!
Stoked!

PonoBill:
Lots of great surfing in SoCal. I find having a SUP is a great tool. You can paddle to breaks away from good parking and be by yourself. I've got a favorite spot totally visible from PCH with endless rights that I've never seen anyone else on. I have to paddle about half a mile to reach it--it's not accessible by beach.

I don't know if you're surfed Sunset Cliffs before, but I recommend it. Get in touch with Tom. He can show you how to get in and out. The biggest barrier to some nice reef breaks.

surfercook:
Thanx Pono. i guess you didn't remember I visited in Feb 2016. Surfed Cliffs once and Tom showed me the ins and outs there. Sketch access for sure. If you feel like divulging your secret spot maybe pm me? Would love to go on a treasure hunt!
hoping to get up to San O this trip as I missed it last time. Swell doesn't look too strong though.
TallDude contacted me for a sesh so hoping to do a multi-shoot w/the SS.

Califoilia:
Cookie, you bringing any of your foil gear? Let me know when you're heading up to Sano...it'd be fun to meet up with you, and shoot the shit if nothing else (I've always got a Thermos of coffee...if you like it black, or black ;)).

It's been a long while since I've SUPed, but could dust off the old Laird, and give ya a good laugh, as I'm sure it's gonna be real sketchy with me trying to relearn how to SUPall over again. Last time I gave it a whirl was about 6 months ago when I loaned my foil setup to a guy who wanted to give it a try, and I jumped on his 8'6" Nectar.

Wobbly as all get out, and first wave I caught I found myself trying to pump it like a foil to build some speed when I felt like I was hardly moving. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get back on my foil, but would be fun to see just how really terrible I've become since that ridiculous adventure. :o ;D

surfercook:

--- Quote from: SanoSlatchSup on February 02, 2019, 01:55:42 PM ---Cookie, you bringing any of your foil gear? Let me know when you're heading up to Sano...it'd be fun to meet up with you, and shoot the shit if nothing else (I've always got a Thermos of coffee...if you like it black, or black ;)).
--- End quote ---
No foiling for me this trip. I still need ALOT of time on it b4 even attempting to foil w/anyone near me. I fall alot. PM me your cell. will be cool to meet up for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version