Author Topic: Sunova travel bags  (Read 14381 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Sunova travel bags
« on: February 02, 2019, 07:42:58 AM »
Hey Creek,

After seeing your comments about shipping your boards to Portugal in the sunova bags, I wanted to comment but thought a separate thread would be a better option for a possible discussion.

I find sup travel bag selection to absolutely suck in my opinion.  Yes I could go custom with vitamin blue.  But looking at those sunova bags, those look great.  Sunova needs to improve the sizing and descriptions on the website for them.  I think that is a niche that sunova could exploit, especially in the 7'6 to 9'6 range.  There is very little selection in that size range and that is the size that most people will take on a surf trip.  The bags look robust and with a good amount of padding.  Get Tino to explore that a little more and see if it would be worth it.  I did not know that sunova even made bags until you posted the photos of yours.

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Sunova travel bags
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:20:08 AM »
Bags look good...
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 10:00:51 AM »

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:45:55 AM »
Hey Creek,

After seeing your comments about shipping your boards to Portugal in the sunova bags, I wanted to comment but thought a separate thread would be a better option for a possible discussion.

I find sup travel bag selection to absolutely suck in my opinion.  Yes I could go custom with vitamin blue.  But looking at those sunova bags, those look great.  Sunova needs to improve the sizing and descriptions on the website for them.  I think that is a niche that sunova could exploit, especially in the 7'6 to 9'6 range.  There is very little selection in that size range and that is the size that most people will take on a surf trip.  The bags look robust and with a good amount of padding.  Get Tino to explore that a little more and see if it would be worth it.  I did not know that sunova even made bags until you posted the photos of yours.

Hi RJ... how the heck are you?

Thanks for asking about the board bags.... yes, the bags are extremely well built and functional, with handles in all the right places.

Here's a copy/paste of my post on SB
"Lot of good work and material goes into a well made bag.

A good bag will make your travel life easier.
I just travelled to Portugal with 2 SUPs, a really heavy carry on bag and a big checked bag.
Lots of distance to cover carrying them all.

I simply put the 9'0 on top of the 9'4.... grabbed the nose handle of the bottom board and dragged them both from the street through the airport.... even down stairs.

No problem. The bottom on the tail, has a big thick high tech material, that slid easily over everything.
(side by side green bag shows the bottom/tail pad)
Neither the bags or boards, showed even a scratch.

Good bags are worth the price, IMO"

Some pics of my bags below

A limited amount of bags are available now in the US... click my email link below to order
A few may fit you RJ  :)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 11:40:07 AM »
Yeah Creek,

Your travel log is what made me really like them.   Good construction and they look really good too.

Rgbar,

The problem is the website description. I know the link.  But they do not describe the sizes what so ever.  Not going to buy one with out knowing any of that information.

Sunova has 11 styles , A1-A7 and B30-B33,  of bags on the website. But only list sizes for 1 style, the A1 style.   Those  A1 sizes will fit the Sunova style boards which are more on the longer and narrower style, acid, flow, insane, and flash by it description.  My boards that I am looking for bags for are shorter and wider. Not looking for specific fit bags, just something in the size range.  I am sure with all the different style bags they make, I could find  something close to what I am looking for.

Again, the bags look great.  But I think sunova could get a lot more business by listing the measurements for all the bags they make.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, really confusing site when it comes to the board bags' sizes. They seem like great bags, but which one would I order if I wanted one for their 6'3"x28.5" foil board for instance?
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:14:59 PM »
Yes very bad description of what bag s what
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

supthecreek

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 09:24:02 AM »
I talked with Tino today and told him the webpage was crap.

Tino appologized and agreed it was shit..... and promises to fix it within 2 weeks.
He said, when you complain, he listens!
then he added:
except for the LiftSUP handle... ha ha  ;D ;D

Now you see what I'm up against  :)

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 11:53:29 AM »
sweet, love the handle, want a bag...ha ha
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
I talked with Tino today and told him the webpage was crap.

Tino appologized and agreed it was shit..... and promises to fix it within 2 weeks.
He said, when you complain, he listens!
then he added:
except for the LiftSUP handle... ha ha  ;D ;D

Now you see what I'm up against  :)

I looked at the board bags, and they still don’t make sense.  Couldn’t they list actual boards that each bag will hold?

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 05:48:12 AM »
tell tino to put the dims up---these bags look like best available at the moment--since the shutdown of midnight

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

oceanAddict

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 06:29:07 AM »
Blast form the past...

Wondering if Sunova bags are available in US. I def could use few. 
Infinity Blackfish, SIC Bullet Air Glide, Sunova Point Break #003, Sunova Soul

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal