Author Topic: LIDAR - in a way I can relate to  (Read 8727 times)

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LIDAR - in a way I can relate to
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 03:07:41 AM »
I use a rework system for most of my soldering. Tin the pins with an iron and then use the hot air to flow it out. Takes about ten minutes to get good with it. About 75 bux. Money well spent, I have one here and in hood river.

The ESP32 boards come in a zillion different configurations, I've settled on the Doit boards which seems to have most of the I2C problem well in hand, they are the one that Random Nerd recommends. I probably should have mentioned that earlier. .

I did later find a post about some boards needing pull up resistors on I2C, but with mixed replies. I may try that at some point. I didn't wire and test it yet; maybe tonight.

The rework stations are interesting. I have a tiny heat gun that I have used sort of like that a few times, mostly with a solder wick to clean up a glob. So many toys...
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »
Great for desoldering, great for ensuring that strip connectors are all solid connections. I use the small nozzle for most work. It's almost the only way to do any surface mount soldering. The techniques of getting components onto a board are as varied and sophisticated as the components these days. I've tried reballing a FPGA and about half of it worked, so success!!
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »
With the laser I am not getting anything more impressive than the prior graph, but it occurs to me that the numbers I am using need a lot of hard math thrown at them. I need to de-skew; a flat wall would appear to curve away because the distance to the outer edges is further. Worse and harder is that I have been feeding in angles as X and Y instead of coordinates. Z is in millimeters, so X and Y also need to be. The reported distance and the corrected distance are two sides of a right triangle and I need to do the Pythagorean theorem match to get the distance away the point is in the XY plane. I will then have to use the pan and tilt angles to determine the direction that the point is away from center and then I can compute the X and Y. My head Hz...
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal