Author Topic: New Year's Bunny Burglar  (Read 3711 times)

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
New Year's Bunny Burglar
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:04:00 PM »
This guy messed up 2 days of surfing.

I bought my wife an electric bike for Christmas.  I had just finished assembling it and we went out for New Year's celebration. 

We come home at 1:30 am.  The next morning I go to check on my Foil Board repair and notice 2 bikes missing 'kids must have taken them to the neighbors' I thought.  Then I see a bike laying in the side yard . . .  'that's abnormal.'

My daughter comes out and sees that her bunny cage is open and one bunny is missing. 

Could these be related?  Let's rewind the video camera.

It was more bizarre than you could imagine:

https://youtu.be/j1hxJ4DU2WM
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 12:44:31 PM by Beasho »

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Bunny Burglar
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:59:58 PM »
Very, very creepy........cameras are amazing. Hope they catch him. Glad you got Buddha back.

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »
Insane!!! He spent so much time lurking around, f...ing crazy. Hopefully you find him and chop his balls off. Glad you found the bunny  :)
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:25:45 PM »
WTF! Too stupid to live and probably will not for too long.
in progress...

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 01:53:51 PM »
Who would have thought that I would be entertained by Beasho's garage cam today?

Very creepy.... I am glad that A'hole didn't go in the house.
Cell records might be able to give cops the number that was being used in your garage that night.

Hopefully that ends the Garage caper and they get the creep.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 04:03:32 PM »
Having property stolen from your house definitely messes with your mind. It's happened to us too. Don't let it bum you out. Two years ago our cabin was burglarized. The stuff they took was so random, you could tell they were tweakers and in construction. Being a contractor for years, I can vouch for the fact that half of the guys were working on my jobs are high most of the time. Seeing they took all my professional quality tools. $100. levels, the best screw gun, my new skill saw, and left all the cheaper tools just confirms that. Then they took all our best ski wear -helmets, parkas, boots, pancake grill, the shower curtain, and everything in the bathroom- drugs, towels and toiletries. Left the flat screen TV, stereo, liquor, skis, and some boots. Didn't brake anything. After that I put motion lights high up all around the cabin. Didn't have a problem after that. Plus I found the window they got in through and how, so I added secondary security locks to all the windows.

The fact that your family is safe and you found your daughter's bunny is the most important thing. That tweaker has probably sold your bike and converted it to a number of needles in his arm....and a new iphone. Of course!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 04:09:15 PM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »
Annoying but that camera and his outfit will doom him if he’s ever caught on another charge (and he will be eventually.) Good luck man, and yes, could have been much worse.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 10:25:46 PM »
Mental health issue?

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
That's just messed up.

This occurred at you house w/an attached garage while you were home and sleeping?

Surprised you weren't woken up.

Having someone violate your  personal space like that evokes exactly that same feeling....VIOLATED. I know because a dirtbag busted into my house yrs ago and stole a bunch of stuff. I was in Puerto Rico on a surf trip when it happened. Thing that hurt most was the sentimental stuff that he stole. A fairly large amount of silver coins from the 60s that my dad had given me when I was quite young and an engraved Cross pen from Tiffany's that was my mom's.

Incredible you recovered the rabbit. Funny, I just read about domesticating rabbits and apparently they are WAY more difficult to domesticate than cats and dogs. VERY timid and easily frightened. Not for those w/hectic households w/lots of little kids around running around.

What security camera are you using? Seems to be quite effective and that style boy's days are numbered now (Hopefully)!

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 05:55:03 AM »
Yes, personal theft really leaves a terrible residue of violation. I’m so glad for your daughter Buddha is back. I had a rabbit stolen from it’s hutch when I was a kid and it still irks me. Who are these weirdos?

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 06:46:35 AM »
I had whipped this video together quickly hoping that someone one social media might ferret this guy out.

The theft happened on Jan 1st.  I posted on Jan 2nd.  It had traction on Facebook with almost 10,000 views and 83 shares but nothing stuck.

My theory is that the guy is younger than the Facebook generation.

He did dump the rabbit in Lindemar.  I checked with the Traveler surf store which had cameras out front.  They suggested they would look at the footage.  I came back a week later and they went to look but "Oh it looks like footage has been over-written.  We only store it for a week."

OMG People!  What is the point of Security Footage?

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 07:40:29 AM »
That really sucks. I guess its time to put a door alarm on at night. Crazy how he just hung out looking at his phone!!
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal