Author Topic: Can't hurt to ask.  (Read 6674 times)

mik911

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Can't hurt to ask.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »
Daaammmmnnnn.......Great Vid, and Awesome wave!!  Would love to drop into some of those.
Mike

Ron House Coastal Cruiser 12'6"
Hoe Nalu surf sup  10'6"
BARK 14' custom carbon SUP
Fanatic Fly Race 12'6" carbon SUP
BARK 14' prone custom paddleboard
BARK 12' prone Surftech paddleboard
Longboards: Harbour, Becker, Local Motion
Kneeboards: Cleary 5'10"
Handboard: Brownfish

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 09:35:49 PM »
Pretty cool you Zoners are diggin' my video. Some of you made me lol!
 SOLOSHOT pov video of that day
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ICan6mh_5cJzE3xyUDZUgZGIF1EEPuth

WAW!!!! I have to say that's such an amazing film you've edited
Wow! That's really cool to hear, supcymru! I worked really hard on this one adding all kinds of extras to try and keep it somewhat interesting. btw- what's ur user name all about. tough one to remember!

those guys gave you a lot of class footage to edit. NICE!
No lie. Funny, I got out after about 50 mins of riding w/the drone shooting and when I got in the car park my buddy was like, ''Hey, I got another battery''. I was back out in a flash! Then when that bat died my other buddy fired up his drone! Coupla prone boarders weren't too stoked on the drones but they didn't whine all that much!

Thanks for taking the time to make and edit this video. It was the "cat's meow" for me.  :)
You're welcome, Nightwing. Cat's meow is like your highest rating for a vid. I'm pleased and flattered. I always thought when the SOLOSHOT is zoomed in way tight the pov for foot and paddle work are really easily seen.
For example-
https://youtu.be/XRuLtiryoZE?t=139

Spectacular footage Cookie!
No lie! When I first viewed it was so amazing and fresh looking.

you’ve really dialed staying in the pocket, which I’m sure is critical in those waves.
You’ve inspired me to take my buddy up on his offer to shoot us. I’ve been so lazy about it lol.
Yea, cowboy, locket in the pocket is def critical there. And that wave can have an active pocket for some long duration at times.
Good luck w/motivating that drone footage.

I took a four day surf trip to southern California from the Jersey Shore and you had sun and solid surf and I had 4 days of solid rain, people in winter winter clothing  and dirty ocean water. Buddies were sending pictures of what I missed but your video is proof positive.
Wow! Sometimes the faucets turn on strong on this side. sorry to hear you got CA skunked. Inherent risk on any surf trip though. btw-spied an osprey today perched high atop a cedar pole someone had propped up bayside on the beach. Thing was scouting for some dinner. Bad ass birds of prey I always say.

Great video.  Best one in a while. I think that we get used to certain camera angles and then the newest angle is most impressive. Drones take the cake for the moment.  Hard to find someone to film for you though.  Similar to getting someone to pull us around on a jetski for Foil training.
Bold text from Beash is always a good sign, thanx. It really is a fresh pov off a drone. Especially if the pilot(s) is/are surfers and know what they're doing w/the thing. Couldn't believe it when my buddy called me the very next day after I asked him to shoot....and I think I finally have someone w/a wave runner to tow me for some much needed and overdue foil time. Although we will have to wait for winter to ease up a bit. Dat wata cold!

Yours is one of the better drone videos I have seen.
Well that sure is nice to hear. Thanx, Glide. Super cool username.

Daaammmmnnnn.......
  that gif of the black dudes seemingly admiring some female booty made me lol!!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:45:35 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 10:54:31 PM »
Relating to RideTheGlide's preference for pov as a learning tool he had the paddle cam in there. I was watching my Assassin demo vid and noticed at one point it captured my "Shuffle" really well. lol...Always been a shuffler, never got that smooth Creek style cross step thing down.
The wave is at 03:30 incase the queue doesn't work.
https://youtu.be/HdpRgGCWQAg?t=210
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:56:43 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 02:50:47 AM »
Relating to RideTheGlide's preference for pov as a learning tool he had the paddle cam in there. I was watching my Assassin demo vid and noticed at one point it captured my "Shuffle" really well. lol...Always been a shuffler, never got that smooth Creek style cross step thing down.
The wave is at 03:30 incase the queue doesn't work.
https://youtu.be/HdpRgGCWQAg?t=210

That's exactly the kind of thing I am talking about - where you put your feet, how you move about, where your weight is (high/low, side to side) and how you use the paddle. The last one is a problem for the paddle cam and the others are when you need to focus on what you are doing.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 04:50:18 AM »
Fantastic Cookie!

Great wave, surfing and editing. Very cool.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

supcymru

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 09:21:11 AM »

[quote author=supcymru link=topic=34451.msg392502#msg392502  btw- what's ur user name all about. tough one to remember!

Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

With regards to my username is pronounced 'come-ree' and is Welsh for 'Wales'. My first language is Welsh and I thought it would be cool to use! I'm very proud of my language and it has many interesting/unusual words eg the Welsh word for surfboard is 'estyll beiston' - ( I only found this  out when helping my 6 yr old son with his beach safety flag homework!).
Pob hwyl! (All the best!)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:25:31 AM by supcymru »

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 09:35:32 AM »
Hell, Marc... you can take the rest of the winter off and just run that as a loop on your big-screen.  I liked the one where you went far enough forward to tip in rather than letting it roll under you.  Even up high, you could see some meat in those waves.  Good for you.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »
vid like a pro, nice lefty too  ;)

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 07:54:06 AM »
Nice surfing man. And what a wave you guys have got there, whew!!

This sets the new standard.  There is no other view like this angle.
Can you imagine what you and this guy could do if he learned to move in closer? 
It must take some practice to move in tight on a moving target like this.

Was he replacing the battery a couple of times a session?

lopezwill

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »

WOW! 

Great video surfercook!

Thanks for posting.

oakfish

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 11:22:27 AM »
TallDude...I insured my drone though my home owners policy for $10/year and includes lost-at-sea coverage.  I'm much more confident flying over water now. Perhaps your neighbor should look into it.
Now I just need someone to learn to fly it so they can video MY sessions.....

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 12:38:40 PM »
That's a great thought oakfish, but with most insurance, just make sure to check the policy deductible.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal