Stand Up Paddle > Gear Talk

Infinity New Deal 10x27"

(1/4) > >>

Tyler M:
According to their website, Infinity is selling off the last of their 10'x27" New Deals. The price of $1317 and free shipping has my attention. I can handle the length and 122L volume, but I'm nervous about the width. Anybody about 200lbs out there riding boards less than 28 inches in width?

Thanks, Tyler

exiled:
Whats the narrowest board you are currently on? how do you feel on it? Length helps stability a bit. I'm 6'5" and 235-ish and if I had the money and the storage space, I would buy one in a heartbeat. I ride boards between 29-27.25 in width. If aren't comfortable on a 29 inch board, 27 might be a step too far.

supsean:

--- Quote from: Tyler M on January 26, 2019, 11:59:15 AM ---According to their website, Infinity is selling off the last of their 10'x27" New Deals. The price of $1317 and free shipping has my attention. I can handle the length and 122L volume, but I'm nervous about the width. Anybody about 200lbs out there riding boards less than 28 inches in width?

Thanks, Tyler

--- End quote ---

Email them directly. When I did, Dave Boehne (the shaper) emailed me right back. I'm sure he will give you some good advice.

Tyler M:

Yeah, I actually called Infinity last week. As soon as I asked about SUPS I was put on hold and Dave Boehne picked up to answer my questions. I kept my cool. But I was a little starstruck.

28' is the narrowest board I've tried. Seems doable in perfect conditions.

Bean:
Tyler, at 210 I ride a 9’6” x28 117l JL and I have average skills.  I was looking pretty hard at that New Deal, but I’m happy with my current boards.  (I did Pull the trigger on a new 14 x 25 Blackfish.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version