Author Topic: I SUP, The Best???  (Read 4304 times)

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
I SUP, The Best???
« on: January 23, 2019, 07:51:44 AM »
I need some advise, don't have any experience with inflatable SUP's. I'm a Capt of a private motor yacht and I need to get a couple all purpose ISUP's, who makes the best ones?

Many thx!

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I SUP, The Best???
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 07:59:13 AM »
I need some advise, don't have any experience with inflatable SUP's. I'm a Capt of a private motor yacht and I need to get a couple all purpose ISUP's, who makes the best ones?

Many thx!
I think Red Paddle or Hala make the highest quality iSUPs.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:22:36 AM »
ULI's are my first pick, but I'm not sure what's going on with their production? Their website is undergoing maintenance, and they show out of stock their popular boards. Maybe it's just temporary?
NRS makes excellent quality iSups as well. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 10:07:42 AM »
Red Paddle Co.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:47:23 PM »
I like ULI's, but they seem to be in flux. I'd say Red is the best choice after that. Impressive quality and tech.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
I like ULI's, but they seem to be in flux. I'd say Red is the best choice after that. Impressive quality and tech.

The new Red Paddle that folds up really small could be nice if space is at a premium. But it's a generic looking all around and expensive. The Red Paddle 12'6" racers are nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiQ77CmhLU
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 09:43:44 PM »
It's hard to quantify what brand is actually the best but I rate Hala right up there. Hala uses construction technologies such as fusion drop stitch, carbon stringer in some models, but also a bit heavier than most brands, so they are built fairly burly for the most part.

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 05:40:28 AM »
As many have said, Red Paddle Co are making the best boards at the moment, especially all rounders. You'll be looking at the 10'6" and 10'8" Rides. Fusion MSL, straight forward all round boards that come with a great bag and pump.

https://greenwatersports.com/shop/brand/red-paddle-co

We also sell Starboard and Fanatic but Red are the ones to beat right now.
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 05:46:35 AM »

Many thx!
Most people from your fraternity buy Red Paddle boards, usually the 10-6, if the riders weigh less than 90kg, and the 10-8 if they are over 90kg or you want to carry stuff with you. I don’t think anyone would criticise you for that choice - the 10-6 iSUP might be the most popular SUP worldwide, in terms of sales.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 07:13:38 AM »
You might also look into electric pumps.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2019 BKC 12'

singingdog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 04:58:33 AM »
Red Paddle Co.

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 12:18:17 PM »
any of the big brand and buy sizes from 10 to 12ft to cater from a small kid to big ppl.

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 09:17:07 AM »

Many thx!
If you reply to some of the suggestions maybe we can help narrow it down. Does cost matter or longevity? Will people be surfing or just paddling to the dock?

I have a 3 isups, from Tower Xplorer to to Blue Planet to Red Elite - currently if I was buying another I'd make sure it was welded rather than glued, just to improve the chances of it lasting longer with proper care. That said, all of mine have held together fine so far.

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:07 AM »
Thx all, costs doesn't really matter as $$$ usually means quality. Consensus says RED Co, but I see Naish is coming out with new Isup line that's super stiff etc..

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »
Hala is running a 35% off sale on some of their carbon and rival models on the home website right now.

A carbon Hala for under a grand is an excellent bargain, as they are really nice inflatables and the Hala rivals are priced cheaper yet. It's a good time to get a top shelf inflatable.

https://halagear.com/product-category/boards/all-around/

Coloradokayak.com also had a good sale on for inflatables.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:02:27 PM by robon »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal