Stand Up Paddle > Technique

Paddling Out

(1/5) > >>

Bean:
This video was just posted a couple days ago by Blue Zone SUP and Chase Kosterlitz.  Lots of great tips, some of which we’ve already seen by Clay and others.

TallDude:
Pretty much nailed it.. Well done. I totally agree with the switch to prone paddling rather than wasting time trying to stand when the sets just keep rolling in.

burchas:
Thx Bean. Good refresher.

Badger:
I wish I could prone paddle.  My back, neck and shoulders won't allow it. Thank goodness for point and reef breaks.

RideTheGlide:

--- Quote from: Badger on January 22, 2019, 03:37:38 AM ---I wish I could prone paddle.  My back, neck and shoulders won't allow it. Thank goodness for point and reef breaks.
--- End quote ---
No chance with my shoulders either. My left was scoped a few days ago, my right ~3 years ago and at 60, rehab can get you back to the point where you can carefully use them. I had been babying the left trying to rehab it and one of the things that made me decide I had to get it done was "regular" prone surfing on a day when it was tough to get out.

What about knee paddling on the longer boards with a little more volume? For example, a 10' 6" Nalu at 160L?

Another question is about getting out on a big loaded touring board. Is that an entirely different subject?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version